CBS Announces New High-end Star Trek 09 and TOS Replica License ANOVOS and others

AshGL1914

Sr Member
From Trekmovie.com
CBS Announces New (and Expanded) High-end Star Trek Replica Licenses[/URL]

ANOVOS High-end Star Trek Uniform replicas
The final announcement from CBS was for ANOVOS Productions, who in 2010 will debut the Star Trek Movie (2009) Collection featuring high-end male and female full uniform replicas starting off with the science officer’s complete uniform. ANOVOS Productions will also offer Star Trek uniform replicas available for the classic Star Trek movies and television series. These high-end uniform replicas will feature original or close-to-original fabrics, techniques and pattern analysis. Pricing for the 2009 Movie Collection is expected to range from $499.95 to $1099.95.
Official site: www.anovos.com[/URL]
In addition to uniforms...

In the last few months CBS and Paramount have already announced deals with Quantum Mechanix and eFX for high end replicas from classic Star Trek series and the new Star Trek movie. Today CBS has announced expansions of those lines, plus two new additional licensees for high-end replicas and collectibles.

Star Trek Expanding Into More High End Collectibles
CBS Consumer Products announced today the launch of a select line of high-end collectible items that will roll out just in time for the 2009 holiday season. The products, based on the classic Star Trek films and television series as well as this summer’s blockbuster film, will include ship replicas, prop replicas, uniform replicas, resin statues of the characters and more. The new lines come from agreements with Quantum Mechanix (QMx), Hollywood Collectibles Group, eFX Inc. and ANOVOS Productions. Executive Vice President and General Manager of CBS Consumer Products Liz Kalodner says of the expansion:\
Star Trek fans continue to be the ultimate collectors within the science-fiction community. These new lines will feature an eclectic mix of niche collectibles that will satisfy any Star Trek enthusiast.
Each of the companies offereings are broken down below…
QMx Star Trek 2009 movie replicas & collectibles
It has been previously announced [/URL]that Quantum Mechanix (QMx) is developing a 34-inch Artisan U.S.S. Enterprise replica from JJ Abrams new Star Trek movie, which they showed off at Comic Con. They also previously announced they were developing a smaller ‘collector scale’ version.
Today CBS announced that QMx will be expanding their offering from the 2009 Star Trek movie to include more large-scale and mid-scale ship replicas, prop replicas, novelty items and animated-style maquettes. QMx has already started work on a large-scale and collector-scale version of the U.S.S. Kelvin. Their first screen-accurate prop replica will be the Starfleet phaser. QMx has also produced two premium collectibles that will be bundled with the Blu-ray DVD version of Star Trek this fall: a screen-accurate set of four Starfleet Division badges cast in metal and an 8.5-inch all-metal Enterprise replica exclusively for Amazon.com.
Official site: www.QMxonline.com[/URL]
eFX ‘classic’ Star Trek replicas
Also previously announced [/URL]eFX Inc. is developing a replica of the TNG era Mark IX Tricorder, seen in Star Trek: First Contact. Pre-orders for the Mark IX Tricorder began in September, and eFX will limit its production run to no more than 1,000 pieces worldwide. The Tricorders will be offered as a "Signature Edition" signed by actor Brent Spiner, who played Data in Star Trek: The Next Generation and the films it inspired.
Today CBS has confirmed that eFx will be developing more prop replicas based on the classic Star Trek films and TV series, and they are also developing ship replicas in all scales, such as thoseseen in the video game Star Trek Legacy.
Official site: www.eFXcollectibles.com[/URL]
Hollywood Collectibles resin statues
CBS announced a new licensing deal with Hollywood Collectibles, makers of some of the best resin statues. Hollywood Collectibles will introduce 12" and 18" versions of the entire ‘classic’ Star Trek universe – from Kirk and Picard from the original series and The Next Generation, to Archer from TV’s Star Trek Enterprise series. The first pieces will be unveiled soon ranging from $149.95 to $249.95.
Official site: www.hollywood-collectibles.com[/URL]

It will be interesting to see what they do with the uniforms.

Especially with the footware.

As for the TOS Uniforms that should be a piece of cake for them to do the 3rd season one.

Looking forward to the QMX phaser!

The licensed costumes would explain one of our own's squashed effort.
I'm looking forward to seeing the phaser as well.

Although by principle, I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. I mean, while the alternate timeline phasers look sleek and cool, having two different emitters that flip to change settings seems like a sort of silly move to add more spinning gadgetry to the film (though that is in keeping with the rest of the film, eh?). I could never reconcile those flipping rotating barrels.

I don't believe the footware will be included with the uniforms, don't ask me how I know, but I heard it from a "horses" mouth :rolleyes

I don't believe the footware will be included with the uniforms,

Oh I don't doubt that as both you and I know that what they used in that new Trek Abomination were closeouts from DKNY and another Major manufacturer who will remain anonymous as I hate their products. :lol

:lol I can already hear them raising the price for trek TOS boots at Willies! :lol

It's a company started by two playboy millionairs, kinda like Dolche and Gabbana, if ya know whay I mean :love

They like dressing up, so they decided to make it into a business. From what I heard, they live in this giant complex that imploys dozens of manservants.

No one really knows what they look like, because they dress in disguises, and wear giant sunglasses all the time.

That's why I said minus the boots...

Umm, Yeah 500.00 is common and was pretty much standard.

I say was as no one is doing them any more.

I'm using 3rd season as a reference, 300.00 for a Tunic, made from the exact materials as well as dyed by the same company that did them for the series and 200.00 for pants.

Now that is for a Uniform that would make you look like you just stepped off Stage 9 in the 60's.

I am assuming you are striving for accuracy.

Thanks for the update.
I guess this does explain why the fabric deal got shot down....hopefully they can actually produce an accurate costume.

The badges in the dvd set are very nice, I just picked mine up. Metal with two pins on each.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back