Metal MIM Blade Runner M2019 Diecast Blaster Replica

neosporing

Sr Member
I was at the monsters in motion's web site looking at their resin PKD blaster (the one with the functioning flip out cylinder) and found a new(?) advertisment for a diecast metal PKD blaster replica.

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/catalog/pr...roducts_id=8549

Only 50 bucks more than the resin blaster kit and this one comes assembled, painted and can be field stripped like a real pistol.

Obviously it isn't going to be nearly as nice looking as racprops talking Full Metal Blaster nor UnitPD's working pkd blaster.

Anyone have any idea how much of this thing is going to be diecast metal?

031dw03c.jpg

031dw03f.jpg

031dw03d.jpg

I don't know about this one. I purchased their resin version and was very unhappy with the workmanship. The photos they used to sell the item were definately a bait and switch. Looking at some of the other photos on the site the shroud looks a little wavy.

<div class='quotetop'>(spinner44.com @ May 23 2006, 11:43 PM) [snapback]1249542[/snapback]</div>
I don't know about this one. I purchased their resin version and was very unhappy with the workmanship. The photos they used to sell the item were definately a bait and switch. Looking at some of the other photos on the site the shroud looks a little wavy.
[/b]

I was either going to buy the resin or the diecast metal. What kind of workmanship problems did the MIM resin kit have? Bubbles? Warped castings? Rattling Bolt? too flimsey?

How did your MIM resin blaster compare to the Doppleganger you have on your site? (great site btw) I have a doppleganger as well. You said that it is 'beefier'. are the doppleganger resin kits larger in size than the MIM?

Thanks in advance.

<div class='quotetop'>(neosporing @ May 23 2006, 11:50 PM) [snapback]1249582[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(spinner44.com @ May 23 2006, 11:43 PM) [snapback]1249542[/snapback]
[/b]

I was either going to buy the resin or the diecast metal. What kind of workmanship problems did the MIM resin kit have? Bubbles? Warped castings? Rattling Bolt? too flimsey?

How did your MIM resin blaster compare to the Doppleganger you have on your site? (great site btw) I have a doppleganger as well. You said that it is 'beefier'. are the doppleganger resin kits larger in size than the MIM?

Thanks in advance.
[/b][/quote]

The Doppledanger and the MIM are WORLDS apart from one to the other. Like Spinner said, you have to be careful with MIM, their casts are not clean, their props require A LOT of clean up... there are better options out there. I dont know much about their all metal blaster as it is a new product, but I bet you take a flame to it and it will melt like a little metal toy soldier.

I tend to agree with everything said above - but do want to note:

The MIM Pulse Rifle kit was pretty nice. Otherwise, everything I rec'd from them was SUB-Par. You are definitely better off going to Richard Coyle, or trying to score a Doppleganger.

-RAJ

Well, I have seen the resin ones first hand and there is only one word that applies "ugly."

If someone wants to take the chance and order the metal version then supply pics, that is the only way you will be able to get an honest look at their product, the kits received do not look like the pics on their site.

Come on, MIM has a reputation for a reason, just ask around.

-Bryan

I'd like to hear Richards thoughts on this..since he's the one who made the difinitive blaster.
I've only delt with MIM once and it was for a Dopelganger..it showed up with a tigger missing but i knew a girl that worked there at the time anbd she hooked me up with the missing part.
I beleive mine was an original Rick Ross bit I can't be 100% on that..the castings were really good though.

I've since heard alot of bad things about them so I'm very hesitant to order anything from them now.

I got an e-mail form MIM,I was able to find out that the blaster is being made in Hong Kong so I hope this will give us a little more sense of what they are going to make.Thanks :cheers

<div class='quotetop'>(tain669 @ May 26 2006, 10:30 PM) [snapback]1251468[/snapback]</div>
I got an e-mail form MIM,I was able to find out that the blaster is being made in Hong Kong so I hope this will give us a little more sense of what they are going to make.Thanks :cheers
[/b]

i do also want a metal blaster with leds and a flip out cylinder, But i have a sneaking feeling that this 'Hong Kong' version might come to me with the grips on upside-down and the shroud bent 'up and to the left.' But hey, only 1000 being made so I just put my pre-order in.

I know full well that the 'holy grail' PKD replica is being made by racprops. I am still kicking myself so hard for not getting in on the last Run. Esp after those pics showed up today. :eek :love So Yes. Definately yes. I want in on this order.

(fingers crossed. C'mon people only 7 more to go.)

I have no idea what is happening to me. I thought for sure that after my doppleganger arrived, my PKD blaster obsession would have been satiated. For some odd reason, it seems my hunger for this replica just keeps growing.

If the MIM version completly sucks and racprops retires then ill have no choice but to start hunting for the real steel parts at gun shows or as I've said earlier wait until 2019 and join the L.A. Blade Runner unit.

Say I think what MM is doing is getting a seond run from Hartford.

These look very much like that run. Note how they did the triggers...

OR MM is pulling a Icons and useing pictures OF a Hartford model as their presales prototype.

Me 2 cents worth.

Rich

<div class='quotetop'>(racprops @ May 27 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]1251630[/snapback]</div>
Say I think what MM is doing is getting a seond run from Hartford.

These look very much like that run. Note how they did the triggers...

OR MM is pulling a Icons and useing pictures OF a Hartford model as their presales prototype.

Me 2 cents worth.

Rich
[/b]

here is a comparison pic of the triggers between the hartford and the MIM triggers
hartord_MIM_left_triggers.jpg

hartford_mm_triggers.jpg

I'll put some more pics up at
hartford vs. Mim same?

The Mim page says that there is no Resin on the blaster only ABS plastic and the hartford page says that the reciever is made of 'hard resin' but the original description was in Japanese so it could be one of those things 'lost in translation'.

What is the difference between ABS and Resin? (appearence and weight?) Is one more desireable than the other?

Oh yes they are not the same...

And I remember the Hartford use another gun not a Bulldog, they bought or used sonething like S&W Pistol.

Rich

There are some differences in the two.But I'd like to know how the quality on this will be for the price and if it will be sturdy. :cheers

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back