Annigrand 1/2256 Star Destroyer / Delivered!

The two hull halves and engine area aren't attached to each other yet, so just loose fitted together, but getting there.

IMG_6401.jpg

IMG_6402.jpg

IMG_6406.jpg

Really wanted to mate the hulls today, but I struggled with getting the geometry straight when looking down the side. Doesn't help the hull parts are warped, so the hot water trick and weights overnight to get them straighter.

Played around with the best order to bring the hulls together.
I've assembled the bottom hull in full, then I'll glue in place the top front hull.
Then you can slide the back top hull with terraces into place, leaving the back engine area off so you can reach inside and glue the rear hull in place. I left the area behind the terraces in the back unglued, this allows some wiggle room to get the engine section in.
At least that is the plan for now.

My kit arrived today - it shipped out last week, so I just got in under the C&D wire. The box was really beat to heck, but the kit itself seems undamaged. I don't suppose anyone snagged the photo of the parts off Anigrand's website before they took it down? I'd like to refer to it to when I take inventory.

My SD kit showed up Wednesday and I picked it up from the post office today. No damage even though the top tape seal had completely unsealed itself. Thank the resin gods that the inner packaging was intact without any loss of parts.

My SD kit showed up Wednesday and I picked it up from the post office today. No damage even though the top tape seal had completely unsealed itself. Thank the resin gods that the inner packaging was intact without any loss of parts.
Got mine today too! Yes that box looked bad, but everything inside was good, I must have underestimated the power of the dark side! Just wish I could have got that Rebet Transport:cry

Been spending most of the afternoon getting the hulls mated properly.
Getting straight lines along the side is challenging, still heating parts and using weights to get them bent straight. I think I should have all the big parts together by the end of tomorrow and can start filling seams and detailing a few areas.

Finally the hulls are together forever now. Lots of test fitting and straightening I figured I did all I could do and dumped the glue on.
Main engine bells are just velcroed on for now so they stick out a little more then they should, still need to clean them up a bit. Conning tower not glued in place yet. I took a picture of a tie wrap trick I did.
I had the split hull version and that was the best way to pull the halves close, this keeps the terraces angled level in the back as well and I didnt tighten them until I slipped the engine section in. I suggest re-enforcing the inner midsection with struts, keeps the top from flexing and should help keep things stable after filling the seams.

IMG_6506.jpg

IMG_6507.jpg

IMG_6508.jpg

IMG_6510.jpg

IMG_6512.jpg

IMG_6516.jpg

Oh yeah, for some reason they only gave us one short fat pipe for the engine section.
It really needs two so I bent some styrene sprue. You'll see what I mean when your putting it together.

Got mine today too! Yes that box looked bad, but everything inside was good, I must have underestimated the power of the dark side! Just wish I could have got that Rebet Transport:cry

Funny my box was beat to s%^t too.Squashed and a huge hole on one side.I was so worried things would be broken or missing.Everything was there and perfect,even the little conning tower points.I`ve never had any package so beaten up.You guys are in the US and I`m in Australia so I guess it`s happening at Chinas end.

Regards,
Ben

Ordered mine way back on 1/14. Thing's been stuck in US Customs for the last 2 weeks. First time I've ever had an item delayed by Customs, and I'm not exactly sure what to do about it. Frustrating as hell, though.

Anyway, based on the pic, it looks as if it will have been worth the wait.

Assuming the damn thing ever arrives.

Very nicely detailed kit!

I have the RC, how long is this one?

GFollano

It is a sweet kit.I like some details from this one and others from the RC.My choice was purely due to the size ristrictions that I have.At 28` this one fits my display area perfectly.

By tha way your RC kit turned out very sweet GF.I just hope my Anigrand kit turns out as good.

Regards,
Ben

the end result is a VERY light gray, Its actually a similar color to the Falcon... just "slightly" darker... a smidge ;)

for the film they color balanced the hue to a more gray look... but the model is a darn close to the falcon color... 5 footer falcon...

Jedi Dade

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back