Annigrand 1/2256 Star Destroyer / Delivered!

Re: Annigrand 1/2256 Star Destroyer

Wow. I can just picture this thing in the middle of a wedge formation with a few Revell Venators and 2 Fat Guys Acclamators. Hope someone has a big living room with a very understanding wife...

Re: Annigrand 1/2256 Star Destroyer

Wow. I can just picture this thing in the middle of a wedge formation with a few Revell Venators and 2 Fat Guys Acclamators. Hope someone has a big living room with a very understanding wife...

Actually, I do have a big living room and no wife and that plan:lol

Re: Annigrand 1/2256 Star Destroyer w/Pictures

I got an email from Arnold from Anigrand last night. The Star Destroyer ships out on 12/19/09!!!:love

Site has been updated with pics of the model mocked together.
http://www.anigrand.com/AA6003_Star_Destroyer.htm

While the new Moebius Jupiter 2 is going to be nice, this is the kit I have been waiting for!

I just got an email from Arnold at Anigrand. My Star Destroyer arrives on the 30th! I also nabbed the last 1/2256 Tantive IV from SSM.:)

Wow. Just got mine in the mail. Very, very nice. Just able to take a quick look, but the detail and casting are very crisp. All the large pieces are very straight. It looks to be pretty well thought out. Its nice that the main hull pieces are molded to include the peak (i.e. 4 large parts are the front and back of the upper and lower hull). This predetermines the angle of the hull's peak and means you don't have to hide a difficult seam there. I would guess that this will be much, much easier to put together than the RC kit (not that I don't like that kit too).

I just looked at the Anigrand site and mine is not broken down the way it is in the photo. The photo shows the main parts of the upper and lower hull as three parts. The two larger parts (the rear) are actually cast as a single piece as I described. Much easier to deal with, I think.

Some over on SSM have complained about the packing. One had a few small broken parts. How was yours packed? Any damage?

Mine survived unscathed. I could see how rough handling might be a problem. Too much extra space (settled during transit?) meant things were a little loose. Box is a little on the lightweight side. But everything was wrapped in a layer of bubble wrap. No damage to mine.

It is a very interesting kit. It has a lot of fine detail, but the lack of undercuts seems a little more obvious on this one than on the RC. No way around it with casting, I know. It just seems the finer detail is a double edged sword. The panel lines also seem deep in comparison to its size, but since it has little weathering and a fairly uniform paint scheme, this might not seem so dramatic once completed. But honestly, very little for me to complain about. For what it is its very cool. A nice kit for a great price.

Good, great to here. Deep panel lines, while possibly iritating, should make washes a lot easier. Looking forward to mine. Are you going to light yours?

Absolutely. I'll add some additional engineering inside to stiffen the whole thing up and jam as many fiber optics in it as I can. It's hard to figure the best way to mount such a shape. Might go off the side like the original.

The Star Destroyer design holds a really special place in my heart. That opening shot of Star Wars is what led to my interest in special effects and ultimately to my career in filmmaking. This one is going to the top of the pile.

It looks like quite a few people are getting this one. I'm really looking forward to seeing some builds get started. I hope yours arrives unscathed!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back