Annigrand 1/2256 Star Destroyer / Delivered!

Yeah, I've seen one of Ani's MC cruisers up close, and it's a sweet kit.

Re: the ISD: having just inspected the parts it seems pretty clear that some sort of interior reinforcement would probably be a good idea.

Someone had previously mentioned using foam core, which is certainly one option. Along the same lines, I'm thinking a simple inner structure fashioned from acrylic sheet might provide a bit more long-term stability. If nothing else, it would give those slightly warped resin hull sections something straight and rigid to anchor to.

Thoughts?...

The US Customs office must be lazy today or something because they only had my kit for 1 minute and they cleared it. Don't know why other members' kits were taking weeks on end to arrive. Below is the timeframe of how long took for my kit to get to the US and out of Customs. Now i'm just hoping nothing's broken or warped. :confused

Your item cleared United States Customs at 11:15 AM on April 23, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Inbound Out of Customs, April 23, 2010, 11:15 am
Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, April 23, 2010, 11:14 am, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Foreign International Dispatch, April 22, 2010, 3:02 pm, HONG KONG AIR MAIL CENTRE, HONG KONG
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign Acceptance, April 21, 2010, 10:53 am, HONG KONG

Just got my kit today in the mail. Overall i'm very pleased with the kit. I went over every single detail and couldn't find one chip or warped piece. Hopefully i'll have a camera by the time I start building this kit since I would like to make a full build log on youtube. Well until then this kit is going to be put in a very safe location until I get around to building it. BTW it only took 3 days for me to get it and I must of got lucky since there was no damage to the box itself either. Thats it for now, Cheers! :)

Five hours of paneling today.
Ugh.
Worth it.
Still need to glue the conning tower down.
In hindsight, I think I would have made the bridge stay on with magnets.
It's so fragile and flipping it upside down is something you have to do a lot.

Using a MR Snowspeeder stand for picture taking.

IMG_6717.jpg

IMG_6727.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

IMG_6731.jpg

IMG_6728.jpg

IMG_6722.jpg

IMG_6723.jpg

IMG_6724.jpg

IMG_6709.jpg

IMG_6710.jpg

Spent a little time prepping a micro machine to fill up the bay.
Hopefully I can get something better down the road, but it looks pretty good considering.

Tantive.jpg

Your SD is looking really good! I thought I would add these pics of my WIP here. The camera kind of washed out the light from the engines. They are much brighter in person. This is currently on hold while I finish up another project that needs to get done asap. Once my desk is clear I'll come back to this awesome kit. Enjoy the pics for now.

http://picasaweb.google.com/116877382961951625239/AnigrandStarDestroyerWIP#

Awesome!
The lights are going to really make it scream to life.
I feel some guilt for not going that route but man, just more then I wanted to bite off.

I picked up some clear rod for chump change, just need to get a base shape figured out and a mirror cut for it. I read that glass shops can cut holes in mirrors, so hopefully that isn't a big expense.
This thing needs as much room as the Master Replicas Enterprise!
I didn't think about that much while building it. LOL

Thanks. With 800 points of light I hope nothing does pop!:lol The base for mine will mimic the Ertl base, except in wood. Your Micro Machine looks good in there. I had thought about adding my Ani in there but decided against it. Without bending over and peering up in there, it won't be seen much. I displayed it alongside the Frigate and 1/2256 Faclon.
http://picasaweb.google.com/116877382961951625239/AnigrandMedicalFrigateTantiveIV#

Last edited:
I'm kicking myself for not getting that Blockade Runner.
The micro machines is slightly larger scale, but was made innaccurately stubby so it fits.
The mirror base should help to actually see it under there.

I'm kicking myself for not getting that Blockade Runner.
The micro machines is slightly larger scale, but was made innaccurately stubby so it fits.
The mirror base should help to actually see it under there.

I thought the Tantive IV went into the small bay...

that is a sweet kit though

Amazing little guys.
Hopefully somehow more such items will come to pass.

Lately I have discovered some trading toys/models from Japan by
"F-Toys"

Worth googling a look. I have the three SW sets and the detail on the little buggers is pretty good for what they are.

And the F-Toys are made by Finemolds to boot!

The little Ani Falcon is too cute. I never got the rebel transport ship though.

Cessna Driver, I like the detail you added to the base of the neck. It definately seems like "something" was supoosed to be there. I have a bunch of airplane parts as well in the spares box. Good job.

I thought the Tantive IV went into the small bay...

Well, it was the larger main bay. But on the "Devastator", the original Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer.

This kit clearly represents the "Avenger" or Empire ISD.

Placing a Corellian Cruiser like the "Tantive IV" into the bay would at least not be canonical.

Nitpicking mode out.

Cheers!
Falk

Well, it was the larger main bay. But on the "Devastator", the original Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer.

This kit clearly represents the "Avenger" or Empire ISD.

Placing a Corellian Cruiser like the "Tantive IV" into the bay would at least not be canonical.

Nitpicking mode out.

Cheers!
Falk

It still has many innaccuracies from the studio model though.
It seems also based on some orthographic drawings out on the net
that don't match either studio model.
But your right, the argument to put a Falcon on the bridge area instead of the Tantive IV in the bay is strong.

I got the Ani Blockade runner for my hanger bay.As far as accuracy goes I see this ship as ESB Avenger details but with ANH Devastator type proportions.It's kinda a mix of the 2.

Ben

Thanks. With 800 points of light I hope nothing does pop!:lol The base for mine will mimic the Ertl base, except in wood. Your Micro Machine looks good in there. I had thought about adding my Ani in there but decided against it. Without bending over and peering up in there, it won't be seen much. I displayed it alongside the Frigate and 1/2256 Faclon.
http://picasaweb.google.com/116877382961951625239/AnigrandMedicalFrigateTantiveIV#

I was able to score the Ani Runner so I went back to look at your pics as some reference. Damn dude, were the red stripes all free hand with brush or did you do something else? Those are some nice clean circles and this guy is tiny! I guess I can just paint over any red with hull color if I screw up anywhere.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back