Annigrand 1/2256 Star Destroyer / Delivered!

I've been looking at these pics lately...

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=19630

I may lean more on the grey side though like in the pics without flash.

Still have seams and stuff to putty and fix so plenty of time to think about it.

But as said, a darker grey undercoat will be part of what I plan to do. Though the primer may be all that is needed for the darker undercoat. Some random paneling with a slightly different shade ought to help as well.

I appreciate the tip on using zip ties to hold the two pieces of the hull together. I have the split hull version as well and I had been having a hard time coming up with a good way to keep them together but your idea worked flawlessly. I used some strong wire in place of zip ties but the concept was the same. Also I've decided that the best way to get the main hull together properly is by doing it in the order that you posted too.

I've been looking at these pics lately...

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=19630

I may lean more on the grey side though like in the pics without flash.

Still have seams and stuff to putty and fix so plenty of time to think about it.

But as said, a darker grey undercoat will be part of what I plan to do. Though the primer may be all that is needed for the darker undercoat. Some random paneling with a slightly different shade ought to help as well.

Hey that's not too cool of them... a lot of those pics were mine :cool

the pics without the flash thought you need to realize that the room is fairly dark... so the model looks a lot more gray then it is due to the lack of lighting. the flash pics are over saturated with light the none flash are too dark... however when there in person I can tell you that the SD and the 5 foot Falcon were "almost" the same color in the same light. The SD ever so slightly darker. Which is why I suggested that painting it similar to the Falcon in color would be close...

Of course on screen the SD is a LOT more gray, due to the color games they played with the film. painting it a lot more gray is still a cool thing since that's how it looked on screen. I'm just trying to give yo u the correct info so you can make an informed decision.

Jedi Dade

the pics without the flash thought you need to realize that the room is fairly dark... so the model looks a lot more gray then it is due to the lack of lighting. the flash pics are over saturated with light the none flash are too dark... however when there in person I can tell you that the SD and the 5 foot Falcon were "almost" the same color in the same light. The SD ever so slightly darker. Which is why I suggested that painting it similar to the Falcon in color would be close...

Of course on screen the SD is a LOT more gray, due to the color games they played with the film. painting it a lot more gray is still a cool thing since that's how it looked on screen. I'm just trying to give yo u the correct info so you can make an informed decision.

Jedi Dade

You mean Kuhn posted photo's on a website that werent his own, without the owners permission? How very odd, not like him at all................... :lol

lee

I appreciate the tip on using zip ties to hold the two pieces of the hull together. I have the split hull version as well and I had been having a hard time coming up with a good way to keep them together but your idea worked flawlessly. I used some strong wire in place of zip ties but the concept was the same. Also I've decided that the best way to get the main hull together properly is by doing it in the order that you posted too.

Glad it worked out. :thumbsup
This thing didn't exactly have any detailed instructions. :lol

Jedi Dade

Greatly appreciated info, I'm afraid too light of gray will not work to give a sense of scale for this medium sized model, so a screen look is probably best. :thumbsup

Seams suck.
Putty, sand, primer, putty, sand, primer.
Much more of that this weekend, hoping I can get all the major seams hidden and think about painting next weekend. It needs some greeblies on the very back bottom of the conning tower under the garbage dump hole. It's just bare there. It's like it's missing a part even. Maybe I can find a little ship model in the same scale to get some parts for that area.

One of the builder (and painter) of the original 8 footer told me it was painted flat white (with rattle cans) and aged with an airbrush with different shades of light gray.

Just out of curiosity, how many people have had this--or any Star Wars or Anigrand--kit stuck in Customs in the U.S.? How do you know it's there? Anybody gotten one after it was stuck in Customs?

Thanks,
Mike Todd

Anigrand forwarded tracking info (i.e. the customs label number). By running said number through the USPS tracking system I learned my package was "being processed by US Customs." That was four weeks ago.

Unfortunately that's all the info I've been able to glean. Supposedly Anigrand is conducting an investigation from their end, but at this point I'm not holding my breath. Attempts to contact Customs re: the whereabouts of my model have proven fruitless. For all I know it's sitting on a shelf in the home of some lucky, Star Wars-loving Homeland Security investigator.

Anigrand forwarded tracking info (i.e. the customs label number). By running said number through the USPS tracking system I learned my package was "being processed by US Customs." That was four weeks ago.

Unfortunately that's all the info I've been able to glean. Supposedly Anigrand is conducting an investigation from their end, but at this point I'm not holding my breath. Attempts to contact Customs re: the whereabouts of my model have proven fruitless. For all I know it's sitting on a shelf in the home of some lucky, Star Wars-loving Homeland Security investigator.

What courier did Anigrand used? Was it EMS? I hope you get your kit soon and intact. Thanks.

I ordered mine in mid-Jan, and it arrived today, so hopefully some of you who are still waiting will receive theirs soon. Mine arrived in a somewhat squashed box, but damage to the kit appears to be confined to minimal breakage (I once got an SMT Tie Bomber shipment that was more tape than box by the time it got to me...). The flattened ventral dome is a little weird but aside from that I am very, very impressed. There is some warping of the flat panels, and mine is one of the split-right-and-left hull versions, but so far it doesn't look like anything some hot water and some careful bracing can't handle...

Mark in Okinawa

I ordered mine in mid-Jan, and it arrived today, so hopefully some of you who are still waiting will receive theirs soon. Mine arrived in a somewhat squashed box, but damage to the kit appears to be confined to minimal breakage (I once got an SMT Tie Bomber shipment that was more tape than box by the time it got to me...). The flattened ventral dome is a little weird but aside from that I am very, very impressed. There is some warping of the flat panels, and mine is one of the split-right-and-left hull versions, but so far it doesn't look like anything some hot water and some careful bracing can't handle...

Mark in Okinawa

You are in Okinawa? Any chance of me being able to swing by and see this ting in person?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back