Annigrand 1/2256 Star Destroyer / Delivered!

Re: Annigrand 1/2256 Star Destroyer w/Pictures

Question, what carrier did yours arrive thru, US Mail, UPS, Fedex?

I had the thought of using CCFL's to light the interior instead of LEDs. You would still be able to run fiber optics. Bundle the FO in short length of Plastruct tubing and then epoxy that to the acrylic casing of the CCFL. An eight or even twelve inch CCFL should provide plenty of mounting space. You would still have to do LEDs for the main engines though. What do you think?

I had the thought of using CCFL's to light the interior instead of LEDs. You would still be able to run fiber optics. Bundle the FO in short length of Plastruct tubing and then epoxy that to the acrylic casing of the CCFL. An eight or even twelve inch CCFL should provide plenty of mounting space. You would still have to do LEDs for the main engines though. What do you think?

Mine came USPS

What a steal! Too bad I'm broke. :cry Hopefully this kit will be available for a while.

Re: Annigrand 1/2256 Star Destroyer

Wow. I can just picture this thing in the middle of a wedge formation with a few Revell Venators and 2 Fat Guys Acclamators. Hope someone has a big living room with a very understanding wife...

That would be awesome!
BTW welcome to the boards :D I don't get over to SSM as much these days so it's good to see a familiar face.. err user name :p

Well crap. The mail just ran and no SD today. Maybe tomorrow!:unsure

Maybe I'll try and do a RSD to go along with this for Wonderfest '10.

What a steal! Too bad I'm broke. :cry Hopefully this kit will be available for a while.
They said they were only going to make 100, just like all the rest of their kits...

the darn thing is impressive. Its got a lot of detail, is hollow and should be pretty easy to light. and dry fitting was pretty easy except for the bottom hull where the hanger and the rear hull kid of overlap. that will require some fiddling. Overall its pretty impressive.

I did have one small broken piece when I opened the packaging. it wasone of the "support" runners that the side walls of the hull glue to. shouldn't be a problem to fix. I do think that the international mail handlers were pretty rough with the box... I was crossing my fingers as I opened it...

Jedi Dade

I think I remember a post where someone was doing just that but I can't find it now. It seemed to work. I would be worried a bit about Color Temperature. I've never worked with CCFL's but if they are not the right color, they would be hard to gel.

I'm not going to get overly obsessed with making it match reference photos, but looking at the underside there is a bit of work to be done I think. Some of the areas are not scribed at all and of the course the hanger could use some work inside and out. I always thought the dome on the bottom was spherical. The one on the Anigrand is "flattened" (and unscribed). Might have to replace that.

Also, alot of the panels lines were just penciled in as well. I plan on doing a lot of pencil work! I wont be going crazy with greeblies, but I can see from pictures that there are areas that would benifet from some extra detailing. Interesting about the dome on the bottom being "flattened".

The mail man just delivered my Star Destroyer! Holy Cow is this a nice kit! Everything arrived intact, no broken parts. The little points on top of the globes were all intact as well. The large flat hull parts were all flat and straight. One of the lower rear hulls has a ever so slight bend to it. I think if I used gum to glue it would straighten out. One nice feature are all the tab "A" and slot "B" style of assembly on a lot of the parts. It would seem a lot of thought went into the design of the kit.

I am very impressed with the detail. It has more detail than what is shown on their website photos. That or the pics are washed out. But what is up with the smell? They used some smelly resin! It has a very high almost lacquer smell to it. The resin seems to be very light weight as well.

A+ to Anigrand on this beautiful kit.

Pics in a few.:cool

Received mine in the UK.

Posted on the 29th December and hung around at customs whilst they decided what ridiculous import charges to add on :cry.

I'll just echo what others have said about this kit and say it is absolutely stunning. The small details are so crisp and well moulded, it is a real joy.
Lots of bubble wrap to wade through, so I'll get it unpacked at the weekend and try to get some photos posted.

Full marks to Anigrand on this one, I can't wait to see what they have for the future.

A member on SSM has both. But his RC is not a great example. He did a thread on it. He has not posted side by sides yet.

And yes, there is a ton of bubble wrap. In less than 24 hours I had all the parts cleaned of pour tabs and gossamer flash. I had the whole kit mocked up on my kitchen table. This thing is a little beastie!

So far I have drilled 241 windows in three of the superstructure parts. I estimate I will drill about 1,200 all together.

Here's a couple of quick teaser pics. I have got to clear some space to spread the whole thing out.

The detail looks a little heavy, but under a couple of thin coats, this will even things out.

The interior of the main engines show a couple of incomplete strips (broken?) but everything else was undamaged on it's trip from Hong Kong to the UK.

Check out the tiny Tydirium- if you loose this in the carpet you'll never see it again :lol.

Sorry about the quality, bit of a quick photo session in my lunch hour.

Last edited:
I already built my shuttle. :) I forgot to add the bend to the wings though. For such a tiny part, mine was cast clean. Even the eight canons had just a bit of flash.

I think it's the slot for the crane. :)

That actually makes me feel a whole lot better- further proof of the fantastic job that Anigrand have done on this. At only 100ish sets, I'm surprised it's still available. Might have to get another :love.

I'm not too up on my knowledge regarding SDs, I always looked longingly at the RC, but thought I would never have the space. This fills the gap nicely.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back