ZK's ZF-1 research thread

Re: ZK's ZF-1 reasearch/build thread

Waiting to find something better,
some screencaps of the video :

FE_ZF1_MagCaps_001.jpg

Can someone post some pics that clearly show the Mangalore Grenade Knob as being the one that was used on the back of the ZF-1?
I've never seen one.

I know it's a blurry photo but I think you get the point:
KnobSize.jpg

Even if you were to remove the outer casing you are left with a knob that takes up about half of the space needed for the little view screen and a number of LED's as well.
I'm just curious as to who came to the conclusion that this knob was used on the back of the ZF-1 and why, if there are no conclusive photo's of it, have most people just assumed it's what was used?

I believe the voyager hull had a spacer down the center seam. I cannot say this with certainty, but some photos suggest it was widened to fit the gun better. If you widen it a bit, it makes more sense.

Zorg, I think that stuff is very close. I think this is another case where you need to decide on what version you are replicating. Honestly, if I had to guess, I would say that it looks like the padding in the ZF1 at Comic Con was put in after production had wrapped.

The only type of matting I have ever seen on ALL previous pics and screen caps of the gun have a tread like pattern. It's always the same. never seen the stuff that we are seeing on the SDCC ZF1 in a screen cap. Though I'm totally willing to be corrected on that assumption.

I believe the voyager hull had a spacer down the center seam.
That's true, it's about an inch wide gap to fit the under bracket that pops it up out of the pod.
Still...I'd like to see someone post a definitive screen cap of it to settle the question once and for all.
It's only ever appeared to be a little black knob in all the pics I've seen.

Heres the material used on the prop store ZF-1.

Though different from other materials seen, I'm not sure this is put on after production as the same stuff is used inside.

I wonder if this is somesort of fire retardant material...as that other foam stuff would probably set alight quite easily.

This material was more net like.

That stuff is definitely not fire-retardant! It's a rubber mat for lining drawers to stop your tools from sliding about. I have the exact same stuff both in black and brown.

Some people used this stuff to line the inside of their Ironman 'reveal' masks.

I think it's this stuff and fairly common. Seach for anti slip drawer (or toolbox) liner).

Only thing is, I've seen two different types in my travels. A pattern that is more square and one that is more rectangular. The ZF1 looks like the rectangular pattern.

The picture below shows the more squared pattern.

Consumer Products | Zerust VCI Corrosion Inhibitors

$%28KGrHqN,%21iEE3OmYcHz5BOKfnl0iL%21%7E%7E0_12.JPG

Thanks for the pics Lewis, i think that stuff is original. It's all over the inside too. I also think it is the same stuff we are seeing on screen. If you look at that link Zorg posted it even looks like it has the tread look to it from far away and when layed out it has the checkerboard pattern. Lewis' pic shows the same pattern on the bottom.
On the screen used pieces although the pattern looks treadlike from afar i think it is more jagged looking than just plain straight grooves. Here is a crappy screencap but you can see the wavy highlights. I think i may try out some of that stuff Zorg. Thanks for the headsup.

also it looks like the real stuff has a diamond pattern and that stuff has a square pattern

DSC01154Large.jpg

Another thing I just noticed on this photo that is the same as the flame ZF1 at CC. The grip/handle doesnt' actually support any weight. It's non load bearing. There is an aluminum dowel that goes from the bottom of the frame up through the handle and attaches somewhere inside the frame. The handle is just wrapped around that.

If that makes any sense.

Glad you noticed that. I was unsure if it was something that went all the way up or just a washer to keep the screw from getting pulled into the grip when tightening it down. I have not drilled my grip out yet to mount on my gun. I may have to do this to keep the grip from falling apart while firing.

i think its only diamond shaped because its used at 45 degrees.

it looks square to me.

-z

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back