ZK's ZF-1 research thread

Re: ZK's ZF-1 reasearch/build thread

...If there is anything specific you want me to photograph, please tell me now....

Other side of gun, bottom of grip and close ups of scope front and back, please and thank you.

Any chance you'd use a 50mm lens for these shots?

yes left side would be good please! Also front on so you can see how all parts connect inside.

By the way, the sight on this version is just a black box....and not made up of star trek parts...and doesnt have the lights buttons etc. Also the cable to the sight isnt on this version......shame.

Wow great pic Art! I agree with all the other requests. A decent shot of the left side and any pics of the inside also would be great.

LDR, i cannot figure out what they did with the sight. I have a few screenshots of the flame gun and it had the working sight at one time, at least it had the blue inner lights and working front red display . I wonder if they only had a few sights and shared them between guns or they just stripped that gun of all the good stuff. It's also missing the upper red barrel and i am pretty sure it was the dart gun. I am sure it is the gun the Mangalore points at Zorg in the "so you are merchants" scene. It's the only ZF with that aluminum block above the rocket and you can see the blue dart pieces in that gun.

It would make sense to share between the guns i suppose, rather than making more.

I know they only had 4 animatronic heads for the mangalores and changed skins for them. Probably cheaper and quicker to do that with the sight aswell?

Also on the version i took photos of. It had the side doors cut out, (you can just see the gap on the above photo). So this would suggest it had darts in it at one time.

Well... That's disappointing and by your photo I see I may have missed by using css tubing on the scope, too (jury is out until someone posts images of the hero demo model).

What 'cable to the sight'?

Yes that is what i believe too about the darts. It is the only one i have seen with the blue pods showing through the front frame holes. Also this flame gun is the only one with a blue nozzle with no center hole.
All 4 guns had different looking blue nozzles, there were at least 3 different maglight mounting blocks, there are 2 different clippard valves, 2 different blue tubes, the flame gun is the only one with that torch setup, there are 2 different gold nozzles, and at least 3 different frame sideplates. There are also 2 different length barrels. None of the guns are the same. When i drew all the parts for it i ended up just picking the best of each part.

Kurt i think your hose is closer to the screen seen than this prop. I have not seen that cable on anything other than this pod and it may have been used as a substitution if they stripped it. The stuff you have may not be 100% accurate but it is very close. I think when i looked at it the only difference was a slightly different spacing to the ribs.

I could be wrong though, it's hard to tell with all the reflections.

Last edited:

This tube, see atached.

I still think the StayPut hose I found is pretty darn close.

You may be right, in some shots it looks like css in some shots it looks more like that stayput. Hard to tell the way the light reflects off of it, but since the only clear shots of it have the stayput style we will probably use it.

I know the pic you are talking about Glenn, but I believe that the flaming one , had no sight, in fact if Lewis WILL post one of the pics we have , he will show you that the inside was also covered with some kind of retardent material , maybe kevlar or something!!
I dont think they wasted their time fitting it with the fancy lights in case it caught on fire!!!lol
Which really screwed us all up !
Mars

I thought this was closer to the cable in the ZF1, they used the other sort of cooling hose in the Mondoshowan head, so maybe they used more cooling hose in their other props. it's a stretch I know.

I just was able to see this at San diego and now Im itching to build one myself. IF any of you need stuff turned on a lathe for this I will be happy to do it if I can have permission to keep your research for my ZF1.
PM me. I know Im a newbie here but this is a massive and cool project/

...this is a massive and cool project/

Massive - yes!

Cool - I'm reminded of John McLane [huddled in an air vent, recalling his wife's invitation] "Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs..."

wish I could have gotten a few minutes to hit it with calipers and a rule. I have 4 pages of parts drawings that I need to make. I was tempted to make a firing one but I have enough REAL guns as it is.

Damn this thing is bringing me back to making props. My lathe offer is still open ot anybody. Aluminum is cheap and easy to turn.

Found another good pic

5975379456_d197a722ea_b.jpg

BIG size- http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6138/5975379456_234d1a6140_o.jpg

nick daring, Great pic!
Thanks to share it.

I didn't know that PropStore had an open ZF1 :wacko

Who bought it and don't want to share? lol :lol

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back