Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Costume

**Miketrixx**

Hi,

Does anyone know were to get hold of the same skull balaclavas used in the game? I've had a quick look my self and have found some similar but the skull is not the same.
If anyone has any better luck let me know please

thanks

Mike

Probably gonna have to get a balaclava and paint it Mike, I checked through most of the ones on the net, none come close, even for the material, the only one that looks somewhat decent is a neoprene one I've seen on Amazon.

My one question is can anyone identify the type of jackets the Task force are wearing, they seem to be a fleece type jacket with zippers on them, but if anyone can point me in the direction of these, it would be greatly appreciated.

I saw that they made a lifesize of Ghost, not sure if I'd do his setup, maybe just one of the 141 guys.

modern_warfare_2_ghost.jpg

Take care

- J

Hi guys, I'm new here, but I thought I'd pass this along. I just read this morning that Ghost could be getting his own game, so there's a chance that replicas of his mask could pop up...
Also, I know these aren't close, but they'd probably be good for costuming similar to this,
http://www.airhole.ca/index-airholes.html
I'm planning to pick some up for snowboarding this year and maybe for use in future costumes too...

Just my tuppence worth, but this one or this one would be serviceable, although ideally a knitted one(such as this) would be better, but this has the disadvantage of having two eye holes and a mouth hole.

Regardless, I should imagine that trooping in this get up is going to be a warm as doing a Chewie costume.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not for the mask, but if you are looking for most of the other gear you see in CODII, check out these guys, BlackHawk, one of their catalogs just showed up at our shop(I don't know why :) ) and they have just about every accessory you could need for a paramilitary outfit. You can even get flak vests without the plates(For about $2000 less than a complete one).

ObiJuan, I think I found a bit of a match. It seems like http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Warrior-Wear-Training-Jacket,179,31.htm that jacket might be close to Ghost's. I hope this helps.

And guys, I heard a rumor (through the grapevine) that there's a licensing deal for the skull balaclava. Apparently, Infinity Ward, Activision, and Square Enix keep getting calls if they sell them. Very loose, definitely unconfirmed. Nothing to go by, but something to hope for.

ObiJuan, I think I found a bit of a match. It seems like http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Warrior-Wear-Training-Jacket,179,31.htm that jacket might be close to Ghost's. I hope this helps.

Peanutfan, the jacket that Ghost wears is hooded, but it is closer to what the rest of 141 wear although, I suspect that their gear is going to be closely modelled on current Armed/Special Forces kit.

Has anyone else got a copy of the special edition of COD4: MW? It was a two disc set with the second disc being a DVD about the research of weapons and tactics that are used in the game(I have a copy that I've not watched yet, besides I don't know how to do screen caps).

For Ghost its all dependant on what game level you are wanting to do his costume from. On Favela, Ghost wears a Ripstop top with no hook that is ACU style (not camo print, but velcro collar and arm pockets) Tactical Denim pants.

Ive also tried my hand at painting a couple balaclava's rignt now, the first was a fleece and the 2nd a polypropelene hood. The problem with them are they just arent accurate like ghosts. But there isnt actually a balaclava out there that is 100% resemblant of Ghosts.

Here you can see the differences in Ghost's mask to conventional masks.

attachment.php

The green lines show the knit pattern, while the red outlines the eye hole with a solid fabric. So its practially a mix of the 2 (fleece/poly and knit). The other thing is its quite formed to Ghost's face. Curving to the nose easily and as well as his chin.

Now Ghost has multiple outfits, just like all the characters do (Soap, Roach, Rangers, etc). My friend and I are doin Soap and Ghost from Favela, but here is a shot of his full favela outfit.

attachment.php

Then on the household:

attachment.php

And Ghost in his dive outfit:

attachment.php

You can see it switches from a hooded fleece top and Multiflage pants and pouches to the faded BDU/ACU top and Tactical Denim. The reason I feel its tactical denim on Favela are these photos here:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The seam says it all practicall as well as the color. The best I came up with is the Dickies Workhorse...with some work in fading and distressing, should make a good replica.

I've indentified most the real world items used on their persons and being an InfantryMan I'm very familiar with all their gear, so if you have any questions throw them out there and ill supply the answers to what I can.

The face shape reminds me a bit of how the movie Spider-man costume had a plastic face shield before the fabric was worn over, thus providing that idealized comic-book shape and not being subject to Tobey's facial features. You could conceivably create one and still allow for air holes to breathe. The skull art's nose area bulges out moreso than a human nose can achieve, so that area may be more than meets the eye. And speaking of eyes, it would have to be shaped in a fashion that dod not interfere with wearing sunglasses.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing as you on the spiderman mask endostructure. So with the glasses, sunglasses bridge sits on his nose fine, and then the tactical headset he wears holds the earpieces of the glasses in place. So if you did have an armature under the mask to give it its shape, I figure if you were to have a sort of 2 piece mask, that would be over the tip of the nose and one that holds the jaw, coupled with elastic so you can easily speak and breathe comfortably. Similar to this:

attachment.php

This allows for easy application...and then to make it more simple, you can literally attach the mask to the knit balaclava via an adhesive to the chin and nose...then it would easy to pull on just like a spiderman mask.

I'm pretty sure its based off an old Norwegian Army Tactial Cold weather jacket. Condor makes a good replique, but isn't fleece, except for the lining.

http://www.opsgear.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CN-602&click=45368

However, its very VERY similar.

Chers Gilmore.
That Condor jacket is quite nice. May have to get myself one in black.

Anyone know where to get the monochrome Union Jack badges from? - scratch that, had a bit more of a look on the ops gear site and they have got IR patches.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back