Studio Scale 1933 King Kong Stop Motion Puppet Replica

Studio Scale 1933 King Kong Stop Motion Puppet Replica - WIP armature pics

Looks like I will have the prototype armature in my hands by the end of next week. Quick question for anyone who has the Sideshow Kong armature: I just need to double check the dimensions of the foot plate (minus the toes) for accuracy, could someone out there give me those dimensions........ or are they pretty much the same as the hand plates?

Last edited:
Re: Studio Scale 1933 King Kong Stop Motion Puppet Replica - WIP armature pics

Well, after weeks of waiting, here are some teaser pics of the armature as it stands right now. By early next week it should finally be in my hands and the fun will begin!

After a few delays, the prototype armature will finally be done this coming week. The fingers for the hands were the most difficult and time consuming part of the armature construction.

Well, after the long wait, here is the finished armature. I still have some minor tweaking to do to it but the next step will be to start slappin clay on him! Can't wait!!! Stay tuned

Looking great so far mate, those fingers look awesome can you break em off & put em in a taun foot for me...... only joking.......go on then.

Hey all, it's been awhile since I've been able to get anything done on Kong but am finally getting a start on the sculpture. I'm going to do certain parts of Kong separately, namely the hands and the head and when those are done I will attach them back onto the armature and then begin tackling the rest of the body. I pretty much have the left hand finished so I'm now going to begin blocking out the head, here's where the fun begins! I'm going to attempt to make both the round face and long face versions available, so I'm going to start with the round face Kong. Stay tuned!

Judging by your face sculpt progress Jim you're replicating the Kong on the right of the following picture. Do you know what the Kong on the left is from?

View attachment 24033

Sorry to go slightly off topic.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back