Star Trek in San Francisco, 2010

Jessica

SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Sat. & Sun.
January 23-24, 2010
Westin St. Francis Hotel
335 Powell St.

Anybody attending?

Should I get my Uhura on or should I be crazy and make T'Pring?
dsc01971jl.jpg

In my 30 years of attending Cons I have seen quite a few Uhura's.

I can only recall 1 T'Pring.

I'm sure whatever you choose will be excellent as usual! :thumbsup

Does anybody know if they selling tickets yet? If so can someone direct me to website where I can get more info, Thanks!

One vote for Uhura! :thumbsup

PATRICK STEWART $200
Patrick has agreed, for the first time at any Creation event and the first time on the West Coast, to do a VERY limited number of PHOTO OPS with fans! Here is the chance to own a professionally shot 8 by 10 of YOU with a true superstar and iconic international performer.

WILLIAM SHATNER $100 (Sunday)

I'd rather have 2 Shatners.

-DM

Last edited by a moderator:
One vote for Uhura! :thumbsup

PATRICK STEWART $200
Patrick has agreed, for the first time at any Creation event and the first time on the West Coast, to do a VERY limited number of PHOTO OPS with fans! Here is the chance to own a professionally shot 8 by 10 of YOU with a true superstar and iconic international performer.

WILLIAM SHATNER $100 (Sunday)

I'd rather have 2 Shatners.

-DM

I agree, quoted for truth!!!:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Lots of Uhura votes on this forum and another. I started my T'Pring outfit though. If I don't finish T'Pring's outfit, I have the Uhura as backup.

Got the top semi-done tonight. I started the outfit from memory. You should never do this, but I never learn. Because of that I am missing the seam down the front of the shirt. I may tweak it, not sure yet.

The general admission tickets are now on sale. It's $35 plus another $7.50 for S/H.

Quick makeup and hair test.

Still have to spray my blue shoes silver and finalize hairpiece. I think I cut the notch a little bit too high...but whatever. I'm too lazy to re-do and hopefully the skirt will behave. Costume is almost done--have to work on snaps and adding a lining to the top and working the kinks out of the sleeves, especially the right sleeve.

DSC02455.jpg

Wow! I'd planned to vote for the Uhura costume, but now I see that would have been a mistake. You're T'Pring costume is amazing!

Eric

Thank you. Just wanted to see how the hair would look and figure out where I need to shave my eyebrows. I have to make the hairpiece lighter, because I've been wearing it for a few hours and it's giving me grief. I used 2 pairs of black socks to fluff it up but it's feeling very heavy. Going to find something lighter in the house that will work.

That looks great!

Okay... so I'm going to sound stupid here... but I kind of thought Gary Lockwood had been dead for years. I guess I was wrong :confused

Always exciting to prep for a con. It feels almost like making preparations for a wedding!

Goodbye beautiful blue shoes...
dsc02471ys.jpg

Hello to a new/old pair of shoes...
dsc02472.jpg

Here is T'Pring's racoon cap. I sewed hair onto black craft foam and forced it into shape by sewing it down to the base of the braid and sewed sparkles on top and bottom. I also sewed down a hairnet which helps to keeps the hair in place. I'm going to be using a ton of hair clips to hold this in place.
dsc02476.jpg

I ended up adding a bit of material across the top of the notch which I cut too short. It's not that noticeable, and it will do because I am too lazy to go out in the rain for more fabric and the convention falls this Saturday...I will just have to live with it. :unsure I am hoping that the sheer awesomeness of my entire costume will outweigh the bad. :lol

I have shortened the overall length of the skirt to accomodate my size because I felt that the dress was too overwhelming for my frame...and I've also shortened the braid by five inches from the last photo above. This has helped cut down on the overall weight. The curlicue or spit curl is just drawn onto my face with black eyeliner.
dsc02486a.jpg

Oh yeah...I also added pockets so I don't have to carry a purse.

Last edited:
That's a great T'Pring costume.

Even if you hadn't posted the pics yet... I would have suggested going with T'Pring over Uhura. Nothing against Uhura, but Uhura's are probably a dime a dozen or at least female TOS Starfleet officers. How often does one see T'Pring.

I couldn't stand the patch up job on the front of the skirt. I was going to live with it, but luck was with me today and I found enough leftover fabric that was laying around the house. It was very easy and did not take more than an hour, including picking cutting off the messed up panel and sewing down the new panel. I'm so happy now.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back