1987 TMNT Shredder Costume

td2253

I was inspired by my friend Donny to make a TMNT Shredder costume for Halloween. It took me a little over a week to finish the costume except for the hand mounted blades which I will finish this weekend. The helmet was made from a WWII costume helmet but I added the tri-horn thing from two carboard outlines glued together at the top. I glued the carboard horn outlines onto the helmet then applied bondo to it to add dimension. The blades were sculpted from a piece of HIPS then cutout, then I used Apoxy Sculpt to add the blade details on both sides. After it cured, I made a mold of it and then casted the blades in resin. The arm/shin armor were made from heat formed HIPS using a heat gun and a toilet paper canister and candle jar for the form. The shoulder bells were vac-formed HIPS over a styrofoam sculpt with bondo. The mask is made from an cheap set of paintball goggles and Apoxy Sculpt outer layer for a smooth look. I was able to wear the costume on Halloween at Legoland California along with my family. I hope you guys like it!:)

ShredderArmor.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

ShredderCel1.gif

Last edited:
Re: 1987 Shredder Costume

Here is a pic of what the helmet looks like from the side. I exaggerated a little on the top horn, kinda like my own version of the Shredder helmet.:lol

DSC00936.jpg

DSC00935.jpg

You did an amazing job on your Shredder costume.

That is the first time that I have seen someone attempt a cartoon version.

Great work!:thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back