Fibreglass Han Solo in Carbonite

Re: WIP: Han Solo in Carbonite

Hello
Where did you find the Han Solo section cast in polyurethane ?
Web link, e-bay???
Any help would be great.

Isn't every college kid's dream to play beer pong over Han Solo's frozen body?

But seriously, great work. Don't let your momentum die, push through and get that done!

So when are we going to see the interest list for this thing in the junkyard???

I would be happy with just a simple shell. It does not have to have working electronics.

Put me down as interested:lol:lol:lol

Are these the pieces made by Mattydog?????

They were offered for $200 which I thought was a great deal so it's unfortunate there ended up being so many problems with that run.

Me Wants:lol:lol

9563461.jpeg

So what do you think it would cost to do a run of the angled sides and shipped out? I have never seen anyone offer the MDF frame.

Brad

I'd love to get my hands on a good quality "frame" as well.

It seems the side panels are offered from time to time, but I really need help with the frame.

I've had Vash's HIC in storage for years waiting...:love

Count me INTERESTED in any run you may do!

thanks!

brad

My 'face' panel is still sitting at the shop without a box to finish it:cry
I'm really hoping someone steps up and offers a kit of the box soon or I will continue to be depressed!

yeah im wondering the same thing. how can i get my hands on the peices to make the han solo part? the side greeblies im not concerned with.

mattydog was offering them for $200. They look like the ones here but I can't be sure on that. The thread is hear.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=57239

There were major problems with the run so I have no idea if that's an option. That is the main part.

$40 worth of wood from Home depot and you got a Carbonite Han for $240

The side panels can be done later to whatever extent you wish.

Han in carbonite is really just a shell.

I hope mattydog gets it worked out or someone else offers those pieces because once you got those it's all good.

The front is not from Matty Dog. I sent him $200 over a year ago and still nothing....:rolleyes I'm not sure who did the run, but I got mine second hand from UFO. I believe it is from the Illusive and not a custom sculpt.

If I ever get what I paid for from Matty Dog I'll be selling them on.

jedivigneri,
The round greeblies on panels 3-8 were machined in aluminium by me. I bought the greeblies for the hero and #2 panel from darthchromer. The digital greeblies and the clamps were made by me. All of the recesses in panels 2-8 have aluminium inset into them, the hero has opaque acrylic.

As far as doing a run of MDF sides...that wouldn't be cost effective being in the UK. There must be a tonne of places in the US that would cut them for you guys! I'll send the Illustrator files I made from cking's drawings to anyone who wants them.

Neil

really great job, one of my dream props, i only have a facecast so far, so still a way to go yet, lol

I also would like to have the files. I don't have the necessary tools to construct the box, but I know a great carpenter & cabinet maker. I'm sure he'd love the commission work!

I always admired your Work Vos. love to se the progress of this. Everything you touch comes out perfectly.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back