Box CNC cut in 12mm MDF from cking's drawings:
9451227.jpeg

The Han Solo section cast in polyurethane and cut into 4 pieces for shipping:
9563461.jpeg

The box has been routed and sealed and Han is in place:
9359061.jpeg

Here are my almost completed panels. :
9675974.jpeg

Thanks to darthchromer for the decals and a few of the detail pieces.

Neil

Last edited:
Re: WIP: Han Solo in Carbonite

Can I say it? Wicked awesome!

Are your control panels cast from an original component or all they all originals? It was a car, boat, or plane dash board wasn't it?

Last edited:

Fantastic. Want to build me a set of panels? :)

Can't wait to see it finished.

Sulla,
The control panels (with the exception of the 4 small chrome parts) are built from scratch. I am not sure of their origins...I don't think anything has ever been confirmed.

Here is a little video of the WIP lights for the hero control panel.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b8d6085a87f7515d67cd7f7bd65f7eefa22af20435163ca1a9a26c4ed87536eb

Cheers

Neil

Can I say it? Wicked awesome!

Are your control panels cast from an original component or all they all originals? It was a car, boat, or plane dash board wasn't it?

as the former owner of the han front panel this is made from.. let me just say... you've done an AWESOME job with it! im sooooooo glad to see it almost completed instead of sitting on my floor in the corner. :lol its looking GREAT Vos... cant wait to see the completed item!

The sides are angled (except for the base). The camera lens really masks the angles, but you can see them better here before the box was constructed:

4030844.jpeg

Matt, glad you like it so far :)
Vince, actually I have very few props now....I keep selling 'em off and starting again :rolleyes

N

So what do you think it would cost to do a run of the angled sides and shipped out? I have never seen anyone offer the MDF frame.

Brad

So what do you think it would cost to do a run of the angled sides and shipped out? I have never seen anyone offer the MDF frame.

Brad

I'm actually researching this at the moment because I met the guy making the rubber front casts at Fan Days and one is here at my shop. I'm going to make templates for doing the panels using it. With these two parts and the good side pieces, greeblies and stickers being done, I think a lot of people will get a nice carbonite now without all the hassle.

Your work is really above average to say the least (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

The first time I heard of a han in carbonite I thought it was neat but I really was not that impressed with what I saw.

What I see of what you have hear is very impressive and makes my competitive parts itch.

I love what you doing and I can't wait to see it finished.

What can I say....

Han in Carbonite is my *dream* prop, and you are making it happen... *sigh*

Well done, I'm very jealous. :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back