Fibreglass Han Solo in Carbonite

Re: WIP: Han Solo in Carbonite

People, please don´t make "I want one!"-posts in show off threads!

Thanks,
Michael
RPF staff

???????? Where else would we make "I want one" posts if not in a show off thread. Is that not the point of a show off thread??

Not trying to be snotty, honsetly confused.

I'm actually researching this at the moment because I met the guy making the rubber front casts at Fan Days and one is here at my shop. I'm going to make templates for doing the panels using it. With these two parts and the good side pieces, greeblies and stickers being done, I think a lot of people will get a nice carbonite now without all the hassle.

I have HIC body parts on the way so bless you and all your kin.

For HIC body parts seek Stormrider at TDH

Last edited:

I need a set of those pieces ,I would love to build one of my own ........... Breath taking.................................................................................

I need a set of those pieces ,I would love to build one of my own ........... Breath taking.................................................................................

Stormrider has a interest thread going in the Junkyard. Awesome guy and product

I'm hoping to find some CNC plans for the panels so I can have them carved out of MDF. Does anybody know if they are available on the HIC Builders club, or anywhere else? Thanks!

Send me your email address and I'll forward you the Adobe Illustrator files I did for mine.

Last edited:

What would it cost me to get the 4 sheets and to have those side frames made ????????? I cant stop thinking about wanting to build one ,I just need resources to go on and and a price............. Remarkable job.......I want one to make.........

I've no idea. I got mine cut whilst working on the last Harry Potter...for the cost of the MDF.....around £40.

You'll be able to fit all the 12mm parts on one 8x4 sheet and the 6mm front frame on another.

Great work Neil!

Anyone able to get the MDF cut in the UK?

I've no idea. I got mine cut whilst working on the last Harry Potter...for the cost of the MDF.....around £40.

You'll be able to fit all the 12mm parts on one 8x4 sheet and the 6mm front frame on another.

Excellent work my friend. I was wondering as a new member here and working on my own Han in Carbonite. Are we allowed to ask if we can get ahold of those side panels?. or is that taboo?. If so I would love to have a couple sets. GREAT JOB brother.

Neil sent me the illustrator files and I had to convert them to vector graphics for the cnc machine. All up it cost me $150 aussie.

I've finally found some more time to work on my Han Carbonite.

The MDF has been sealed with button polish, sanded and primed and I have blocked in the panel recesses with 3mm acrylic.

DSC05901.JPG

DSC05902.JPG

DSC05906.JPG

Neil

very crisp, if mine turns out as close as that id be very happy, btw whats button polish?

-z

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back