Dexter costume

Nice pic here...

47688446.jpg

and here

kill-room-final_1.jpg

Last edited:
I found a vendor on eBay who was selling these in my size for $72 shipped, so I got a pair; received them two days ago. First impression: Not bad as a close-enough. The sizing is reasonably accurate overall, but they feel a bit short in the toe. Maybe they just need to be broken in. Speaking of which, that may take a while; the leather they use is very stiff and rigid and, except for the insole, there's no padding to speak of--they have the look of hiking/work boots, but they're more fashion than function. So far they're reasonably comfortable, but I haven't worn them much. Also, though they do have the color variations seen in the photos (darker cap toe and heel), they really don't have "character" right out of the box; like most boots, they'll probably look better after they attain that well-worn look.

I'd say some black boots, black pants, a little white lab coat and some purple gloves.

Oh wait....What now???

700796-dexter_large.gif

when i clicked on this thread, i was thinking about this and in my head it was like "i wonder how he will look like?" :lol

I got the Dr. Martens from a couple posts back, they are an awesome fit and comfy right outta the box while giving me the Dexter boot vibe I wanted...had a gift card to pay for most of them so the right price to boot! Pun intended. ;) Wish the correct Cassidy boot was made in my size, but these close enoughs work great for me.
Still need to find or have made some correct cargo pants to go with them.

This promo photo from earlier looks like a lot of red in it to you? Hmmm that's weird I don't get that on any of the monitors I use to view it. Looks like a great brown to me, and the boots were pretty true to the pic when I got them. I think they are a bit darker than the orangy brown on the SA Cassidy boots, so I knocked them down and distressed them a bit with Alcohol. I'll see about getting some real world pics of them to show the color.

_5962656.jpg

No luck on determining the exact pants or even very similiar? I've been over a lot of pants and it seems pretty difficult to even find a single pair with the ankle band or whatever that piece is around the boot that buttons and tightens. It might be helpful if I knew what that piece was called but I can't figure it out.

I agree on the Carey boots, way too red... at least that is a "rub-off" style dye on the Carey so it can get knocked way down, maybe even enough to get some orange stain on top to get it to a more accurate color.

It's HIGHLY unlikely. Based on their design and all the flamboyant, unnecessary details I'm almost positive they're designer, probably of the >$100/pair variety.

I stumbled on this website, and was reading the discussion on the cargo pants.

I have a few details to add that may help someone figure out what brand they are...

• The right rear pocket has a stripe of fabric that runs vertical for about 6 inches. It looks like it is about an inch wide. It is rust red or brown. I'm pretty sure it's red.
  • The left rear pocket has small (1"x 2.5") horizontal strip of fabric. It is the same color as the rest of the pants but it looks like it has writing on it.
  • The cuffs have two buttons on them
  • The pants look to be 5 pocket cargos but with a cell phone pocket on the right front.
  • The cargo pocket is on the wearer's left leg and has two buttons.
  • There is a button just above the right front angle pocket but it looks to be decorative.
  • The pocket buttons appear to be brown with writing around them
  • There is a metal rivet at the bottom of the angled front pockets
  • The pants look to have reinforced knees.
You can get a good look at the pants on the last episode of the second season just before Dexter gets in the elevator go to Lila's. Also a few minutes later at Lila's.

^ There are three things about that Amazon listing that would give me pause:

1. They don't mention the manufacturer of the shirt they're selling.

2. They didn't post a photo of the actual shirt they're selling.

3. Under Product Description, it states "This shirt is a replica of the kill shirt from the hit Showtime series Dexter."

My suggestion--spend a few more dollars and get the shirt directly from American Apparel (the correct color is "Army"):

Baby Thermal Long Sleeve Henley | Long Sleeves | Shop American Apparel

One thing that does need to be mentioned though, is that I was recently in an American Apparel store, and they've changed the color of that shirt. Army is now a much lighter color than it used to be. That being said, they may still be buying new AA shirts for the show, so the new color may show up this season.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back