Dexter costume

Nope. I'm pretty much just waiting on info from the member in the other thread. When I get more free time after Gallifrey in February I'll be able to make myself a pair out of some Rothco pants, but I definitely want to find the real deal.

For the pants, I like the Lucky Brand Jeans Khaki Cargo Pants, and for the gloves, I like the ones Risu used, the Hatch ones, but I also like Damascus D301 Gloves.

I hope we get that info on the pants - it's such a simple part of the wardrobe - but for us RPFers, you gotta get the EXACT ones bought for production of the show...a nerveracking investigation indeed.

I have been following this thread for a few weeks as I have been piecing this costume together. My watch arrived today and while it is missing the band, that is something I can easily fix. It is actually a pretty cool watch and one I might wear normally.

Now to just track down accurate pants and boots and I should be good to go. Are the screen worn boots different from the ones in the promo shot? I do not have the DVDs handy to compare and finding screen captures has proven difficult. I want to have a good idea what I am actually looking for in that department.

i don't mean to advertise any website or anything, but you can get decent screen captures from the show at www.dexter-fan.com/gallery. also, theres screen captures & episode stills on there that show that dex has worn the costume that they base the action figures & bobbleheads from.

How'd you track down the correct type of watch? That doesn't look like it to me, but I can't say that for sure.

Found any good caps of his season 4 pants? Hopefully I'll have time to look through all that some day.

It takes a hardcore fan with an afinity for accuracy to track down something as 'trivial' as the watch - but that's what I like about hardcore costumers - second best is seldom ever enough!
Good work - here's hoping we track down those pants!

for anyone interested, the costume designer for dexter is Abram Waterhouse. I don't know how anyone could contact him though to find out about costumes from dexter.

It takes a hardcore fan with an afinity for accuracy to track down something as 'trivial' as the watch

I would trade finding the watch in a second for finding the accurate pants and boots. Most people probably will not notice the watch, especially if it is under a sleeve half the time, but the other two pieces definitely will be visible.

for anyone interested, the costume designer for dexter is Abram Waterhouse. I don't know how anyone could contact him though to find out about costumes from dexter.

Laying in bed last night I was considering trying to track down contact information for him because we seem to be at a roadblock with the final pieces.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back