Plano Con 2009

ShackMan

Sr Member
Haven't seen a thread on this, so I thought I'd post some pics from our outting to the Star Wars fan days in Plano today. Several 501st, R2Builders, and TDH members were there. Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/album.php?aid=2022771&id=1377548339

Edited to include attachments (most of the pictures) for those not on Facebook.

If you notice the pink royal guard and pink Leia, much of the 501st was "pinked out" to help raise awareness(and donations) for breast cancer. That was pretty cool, don't ya thnk?

ATM
ShackMan

Last edited:
That Darth Revan is great!

BTW, my nephew has that "will trade sister for candy" shirt and he won't wear it because he thinks someone will take it seriously. :lol

Super big thanks to Philip Wise (and Ben) for such a great Con. Very busy, LOTS of costumes this year, it really seemed like everyone was having a great time. I hope the momentum continues for an even bigger and better Fan Days next year.

I had a blast. I spent a good amount of time re-working my Vader costume, then I was so STUPID and didn't get my lifts in properly and was a good 2-3 inches shorter then usual. I was pissed. I didn't realize until after I was all suited up so I just left it.

But I had TONS of kids who were so happy to see Darth Vader and get a picture with him. A mom even had me hold her little baby for a picture.

It was great to see some local costumers and RPF'ers in person. I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted, I was in costume from 11am until about 4pm and my camera was in a pouch on the back of my belt.

On with the pics !

With our very own RPF Landspeeder:
fd_3_17-vi.jpg

The very sweet Christy as Leia:
fd_3_11-vi.jpg

The RPF's Mr. Sparkle :
fd_3_013-vi.jpg

Me and Barbie Fett:
fd_3_19-vi.jpg

My kids:
fd_3_011-vi.jpg

One of the two Boba Fett's:
fd_3_008-vi.jpg

With my buddy Jeff:
fd_3_019-vi.jpg

A familiar face:
fd_3_002-vi.jpg

Cool display in the Droid room:
fd_3_004-vi.jpg

Cute girl Han Solo = awesome and win:
fd_3_025-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Good seeing you James!

I totally missed the TDH and Droid rooms. I didn't get out from my Artist Alley table much. The Landspeeder was close by so I got a good look at that though. Very cool!

There were a lot of really great SW costumes, but I'm surprised that I have not been able to find more pictures online. I've been looking in the usual places (flickr, Rebelscum, starwars.com, Google) and not finding any pictures from the Con.

Philips stays pretty busy, so I doubt Rebelscum will have too many pics posted (at least not by him). As for anyone else, maybe on the 501st forums? There were a good number of people that turned out, but NOTHING like it used to be from the propside. Angie commented about that Saturday; she used to come to the cons with me about 5 years ago, when we'd have 30 - 40 prop collectors displaying their "toys". I told her, that's why I only go to the October con anymore ... :(

ATM
ShackMan

There was a great crowd there this year. I didn't take any pix at the con. All of mine are from the concert on Friday.

What a great time. Already looking forward to next year.

Here are four of my FD3 cards: (The fifth one is blueline and will not scan. )
scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

here is one from last year I picked up on Saturday as I love the ANH Vaders.
scan0007.jpg

Finally here is one of my Walks pieces:
scan0010.jpg

This one is the B&W under image to a larger color painting. It will not fit on my scanner so I will have to add photos later. Russ really did a hell of a job on this and I can not thank him enough.:cool
I also have a large pieces by Kevin Graham & Cat Staggs that I will need to share.

Last edited:
It was great seeing everybody.

Here's a set of photos from my camera. Haven't really gone through them so I hope they are all in focus.

http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/fandays3/

Thanks for the pics- they look great !

I meant to get a pic with you but I totally forgot when we were talking. I know how busy and I didn't think to get my camera off my belt.

I can't believe your photographer missed me all day ! :cry

Thanks for the pics- they look great !

I meant to get a pic with you but I totally forgot when we were talking. I know how busy and I didn't think to get my camera off my belt.

I can't believe your photographer missed me all day ! :cry

You are not the Vader posing with Trooper Elvis and Slave Leia or the Vader sword fighting with the little Vader?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back