Looking for prize, for the first $1. store contest in years.

jason1976

Sr Member
I know there is already a thread discussing the contest of old, and the possibility (pretty much certainty) of a new one next month. (November.) This thread is just about begging for prizes for the new contest.

Jediscout has been very generous and is offering a graflx as one of the prizes. (and a fine prize it is.:))

I would just like to see if we can pull together a few more items to really incentives folks to join the fun of the contest.

I'm looking for anything good or bad, big or small. I'm thinking more saber related stuff would be nice. like grips, and greablies, but really any prop related item would be nice.

If we can get enough stuff together, I'm thinking it might be nice to offer a 2nd, and 3rd place prizes. Just something small for there trouble. But that's only if we get a lot of stuff. Right now, I'm just looking for what folks have to offer.

You would hold on to the item until the contest is over, and then ship them to the winner.

If you don't have anything to offer, I'm open to ideas as well. don't be afraid to speak up, if you have an idea, or if you say, know someone that could get us a promotional gift card, or something from MR, or Sideshow, or some place like that.

I know times are tuff, and props aren't cheep, and neither is shipping, but this is a great old tradition that has sadly fallen by the wayside, and I would love to bring it back to the community, and to help show some of the newbies, what it used to be like around here. :)

The contest will be starting on November 1rst, so there isn't a lot of time left (about a week,and a half) so don't hesitate to post here now. We will role with what we have when the start day comes. so please post soon.

And thank you in advance, for your generosity. :)

I would also like to point out this could be a fairly cheep way to promote your work/business. I'm looking at you "Blast'tec" (Yodashoulse.) or any of the other members that now own there own small businesses, or regularly offer funs, of fine work. (like Russ, or Nicksdad, or any of the others new, or old)

Just a though. Just throwing that out there.

All offers are welcome of course. You don't have to be one of the big shots, I'm just say, that if one of the big time guys wanted to though something in, that would be nice too.

Heck, I'd offer my Uber-cool BK ROTS wristwatches just to get rid of them... :lol

No, seriously...

Seriously. :unsure

I'm still sorta new here... What's this "$1 Store Contest" thing about? Finding items for potential props/replicas from stores like Family Dollar, Dollar General, The Dollar Tree, etc?

I'm still sorta new here... What's this "$1 Store Contest" thing about? Finding items for potential props/replicas from stores like Family Dollar, Dollar General, The Dollar Tree, etc?

pretty much. Usually a themed contest such as : $1 store blaster contest or $1 Steampunk builds, etc.

It's amazing to see what people can throw together.

Brad

Yep, it will be a one month long contest running from November 1 until December 1rst. All the entrees will be made of items from $1. stores. (stores where everything is a $1. like the "Dollar tree", or "Deals", etc..) Or if you live outside the US, what ever your local equivalent would be. with a max spending limit of $20. I'm not going to go in to all the rules, and what not here, as they are already being discussed in the other thread.

Thanks to everyone that has already spoken up, and offered prizes, for this contest. I'm going to be out of town, and probably unable to get to a computer, until this Monday night, so feel free to keep posting prize. bit don't worry if I don't get back to you until then.

Any prize is welcome. I'm thinking it might be nice to get a conversion kit for the Graflex where going to have for the winner. So, if anyone has Luke ESB grips, or grip material, textured Mylar Tape Strip (for the clamp/mid-band), circuit-board strip, and/or Linhof/Kobold D-ring set up, to convert it to a Ranch Luke ESB saber, that would be great. Since it was suggested that this particular graflex would be will suted to that particular saber. (because it has some aging/weathering to it.) Just a thought though, really any donations are welcome.

I have a message in to Blast-tec asking for some help in the saber parts department, for the contest, but we will still be excepting offers here, up through this Friday. (The contest will start this coming Sunday, November 1rst. :) )

I'll offer up an IG-88 head cast as a prize. I can ship it to you, or save you a few bucks and ship it to the winner.

Scott

I'll offer up an IG-88 head cast as a prize. I can ship it to you, or save you a few bucks and ship it to the winner.

Scott

That is outstanding, Thank you so much Scott. I have one of your heads, and it is great. :)

If you don't mind, I will have you hold on to it, until the contest is over, and just send you the winners address. :)

That is outstanding, Thank you so much Scott. I have one of your heads, and it is great. :)

If you don't mind, I will have you hold on to it, until the contest is over, and just send you the winners address. :)

<axelf>Yes, I think that would be best.</axelf>

Scott

I have a message in to Blast-tec asking for some help in the saber parts department, for the contest, but we will still be excepting offers here, up through this Friday. (The contest will start this coming Sunday, November 1rst. :) )

How long do we have to construct said lightsaber? when are photos and such due?

How long do we have to construct said lightsaber? when are photos and such due?

The contest will start on November 1rst, and you will have until midnight December 1rst to enter your photos, etc. The judging (voting) will take place after that. (probably allow a week, or so for voting)

I'll offer this up as a prize.

3522769338_67e98bd4e5_b.jpg

Is there a link to the complete rules?

Not all of the rules are up yet. We are still working them out. The final rules will be posted when the contest begins on Sunday. I'm asking that no-one starts buying anything, or building anything, for the contest until after the contest starts on Sunday.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back