Screen Used Riddick Knives & More!

Guardian Devil

Sr Member
I'll stop these soon I promise :lol but in my last thread I mentioned I was hoping to get some new recognisable screen used props from The Chronicles of Riddick, so here they are!

Very pleased with the newest additions to my collection, so I thought I'd show them here before they get added to that ever growing list on my site!

First up is a set of fighting knives used by Vin Diesel during the surface fight on Planet Crematoria
knives2.jpg

Next is a set of handcuffs used by Vin Diesel during the underground tram sequence as he's being taken into the Crematoria Slam
cuffs1.jpg

Next is a Necromonger 'Purifier' needle seen during the Basilica scenes when the converts are receiving the Necromonger 'mark' on their necks
Needle.jpg

Last but not least is a mining pick weapon used by the 'sulphermen' convicts who attack Riddick when he's hanging from the rope into the slam
tool.jpg

As always these items and the rest of my collection can be seen on my site at: http://riddickarchive.blogsome.com/

I hope everyone enjoyed the pictures!

Thanks guys, I'm very pleased these new items, I just can't seem to put them down!

Docholl, I think I remember taking a look at your stuff on Yourprops not too long ago, if any of it ever needs a new home, I'm sure I'd know someone :love

Very nice props, esp the knives. Your collection is great, would love to see a group pics of all your gear (if that was even possibe!:p). Cant wait to see what else you get over time.

Thanks guys, I'm not sure any new addition will be able to top them, but I'll keep trying!
I keep checking back here to look at the pics myself before I realise I could just go look at them :lol

Nice pieces... clicked through to your site and you've got quite the concentration of Riddick items! Always nice to see a collection with a focus (and a very successful one at that!)

best,
Tom

Thanks Tom, that's very kind of you to say. It's certainly become an obsession of mine. I started the site so at least people could see everything, when I got so many Riddick related items that it just felt like I was hoarding it all away!
I just can't say no when these things pop up - ahh well, I don't need to eat any time soon :lol

awesome blades, i have a replica set which are exact , not screen used but there were made with the same items that the original used.

Thanks very much - The replica ones make a great display item don't they, here they are next to my screen used pair just for a quick comparison:

knivescompare1.jpg

Last edited:
They didn't all have the ring, the hero metal ones used by the slam guard, the rubber sets used on Riddicks harness and the SFX sets didn't have them, but as far as I know the other set made for use in the same fight-sequences have the matching ring.

I really don't know it's purpose I'm afraid, I've heard a few suggestions, but although they make sense I can't see why the ring wouldn't be on both knives instead of just being required on the right hand one..
It makes it a little easier to hold onto during the fights, makes it possible to swing it around your finger like a cowboy pistol.. I'm just guessing really! :lol

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back