VOY Medical tool = Dr. Who sonic skrewdriver

thegreatgalling

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know Voyager isn't the most popular topic in the known world, but I have enjoyed a recent marathon. Here is something I thought was interesting. The Doctor uses the following tool often throughout the series:

111111-1.jpg

Does the main part look familiar?

Sonic01.jpg

Yup, they also used two TOS Phaser "ten turn" knobs on the side of the piece. There was another prop from Voyager that used a TOS Phaser "nozzle". I'll see if I can find the picture from the IAW auction.

Yup, they also used two TOS Phaser "ten turn" knobs on the side of the piece. There was another prop from Voyager that used a TOS Phaser "nozzle". I'll see if I can find the picture from the IAW auction.

Hey SurferGeek, I actually posted about it in a different thread. It's a medical scanner that I am actually scratchbuilding at the moment!

EDIT: And YOU posted about it on another forum two years ago! (Found it tonight when looking for some other pics, ha!

c3da84c60c1f64f6be1ace2305202ba01.jpg

Last edited:
photo-2.jpg

I still havn't found the right shaped cone and it looks like my tube was a tad big. I will prob just have to settle for the inaccuracies since its just a "filler" for my VOY medkit.

Last edited:
Hey SurferGeek, I actually posted about it in a different thread. It's a medical scanner that I am actually scratchbuilding at the moment!

EDIT: And YOU posted about it on another forum two years ago! (Found it tonight when looking for some other pics, ha!

Yup... at Propfixs. I think the first prop you posted was in that same thread. ;)

Your scratch build is looking great!

A gentle nod, or blatant plagarism ?
Excelent find , 10/10 for observational vocation.:)

Agree - great find and I go for the gentle nod. Wasn't there a computer screen in TNG season 1 that featured the names of Harntel-McCoy as someone's ancestoers?

Cheers

Doug

Agree - great find and I go for the gentle nod. Wasn't there a computer screen in TNG season 1 that featured the names of Harntel-McCoy as someone's ancestoers?

Cheers

Doug

Well I def. know that most of the cargo inventory labels had some funny references in the small print including the lyrics to Gilligan's Island.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back