Enamel filler/plastic. Need help - not sure what I need

ItsThatGuy

Sr Member
As the title says, I am not really sure what I need for a prop I am working on.

I plan to cast these in resin. In the middle of the prop is a recessed area. I wanted to fill that area with a enamel or a plastic -- it needs to be pourable, and it needs to look smooth like glass, but opaque. I didn't want to have to paint that area, but I am not sure I can get it dyed the right color.

My high school ring is one example I can think of. On one side, it has the Polish flag, the colored parts are the flag have some sort of enamel filler or something...that filler is what I am looking for. See the attached photos.

Side note: I never even wore this ring. I ended up graduating a year early...so the year is wrong. Also when I designed the ring I was 15 and going through a Polish pride phase (My dad is the one from Poland...I was just proud to be first born generation). :rolleyes

As the title says, I am not really sure what I need for a prop I am working on.

I plan to cast these in resin. In the middle of the prop is a recessed area. I wanted to fill that area with a enamel or a plastic -- it needs to be pourable, and it needs to look smooth like glass, but opaque. I didn't want to have to paint that area, but I am not sure I can get it dyed the right color.

My high school ring is one example I can think of. On one side, it has the Polish flag, the colored parts are the flag have some sort of enamel filler or something...that filler is what I am looking for. See the attached photos.

Side note: I never even wore this ring. I ended up graduating a year early...so the year is wrong. Also when I designed the ring I was 15 and going through a Polish pride phase (My dad is the one from Poland...I was just proud to be first born generation). :rolleyes

It could be a tiny dropp of colored resin.

I'm not really sure what was used, but that's similar to the material I am looking for.... but it's on a larger scale. I just showed the ring as an example of what I was looking for.

I was thinking about casting the item, and then in the recessed area pouring some resin, that would it would dry flat and shiny...right? I could then just hand paint it.

It's probably some kind of paint but I couldn't say what. Maybe search some jewelry making forums for some tips?

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back