FvJ Costume- Lots of pictures and video!

Rahl

With Halloween quickly approaching and with questions about the costume I thought that I would post it on here.
After 3 years I believe my costume is absolutely 100% done and about as close to the movie as possible. I was aiming for the hospital scene and the very end of the movie. Got my new hood from thedevilslatex and it's fantastic! Hockey mask is from Ruste Dowg Productions.
Everything else was done/weathered by me:
Burlap Jacket with cotton liner- weathered using a lot of the same methods as the movie version and sewn by me.
Grey sweater.
Blue long sleeve undershirt.
Brown wool pants.
Boots are Trashville 205s by Demonia with added lifts inside.
Wood Machete (half way painted; needed it for the pictures)

Thanks for looking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZKYsnbN2Fg

DSC07329.jpg

DSC07336.jpg

DSC07341.jpg

DSC07345.jpg

DSC07346.jpg

DSC07348.jpg

DSC07354.jpg

DSC07356.jpg

DSC07360.jpg

DSC07364.jpg

DSC07368.jpg

DSC07369.jpg

DSC07373.jpg

DSC07375.jpg

DSC07376.jpg

DSC07377.jpg

DSC07379.jpg

DSC07381.jpg

DSC07382.jpg

Rahl its great to see other frightstuff members on otherboards by the way this is ohiogbfanfilm awsome suit dude Rock on!!
johnjason.jpg

Yeah awesome fellow Frightstuffers........ Rahl was a big help on my Vs......he sets the bar.

Like Vader a Jason is always being tweaked lol

IMGP4503.jpg

Cheers
TAZ

WOW Rahl, I am absolutely blown away by this!! You definitely have the most authentic Jason costume I have ever seen. I remember your first versions of it were amazing, but I think this is the pinnacle!

Pretty awesome. :):thumbsup

What methods did you use for the weathering of the clothes?

Thanks everyone!

I used acrylic paints, spray paint, puff paint for the burns (the ladies who made the screen used costume told me about this), instant coffee, RIT dye, and fire.

After the puff paint dried I heated it up to make it puff and then set it on fire in places. Then used black silicone to highlight certain areas. Instant coffee and RIT dye was used to create light staining and then acrylic washes and spray paint was used for everything else.

Rahl!!! That is THE best JVF costume I have ever seen! Dude you rocked it out. Way to go.

I have my Part7 Costume, with platforms as well. I stand just about 6' 7" as well with the boots and mask on.

JasonMontage.jpg

Man, your costume is great! I think I've seen those pictures before. Have you had the costume for a couple of years? It was a part 7 on here that inspired me to make a Jason costume in the first place.

What type of coat did you use for a template? What type of burlap did you use? Please tell all I want one of these so Bad!

I created my own template after looking at a jacket I had in the closet.
I use regular burlap found at Walmart or Jo-Anns and cotton muslin for the liner.

Man, you would have kids pissing their pants all over the place if you went out in public with that costume! Fantastic work:eek

absolutely stunning! i've got a new blank hock that i've got to make the time to paint up. i'll be doing vs. as well, so i only hope mine comes out 1/2 that good!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back