A-Team Murdock's leather jacket

CJ 617

Sr Member
My friend is wanting to put replicate the leather A-2 jacket worn by Murdock in the tv series. He has got a suitable A-2 jacket but cannot find any images of the tiger logo on the back. I believe it says 'Da Nang 1970' above the tiger's head but cannot find any decent hi res images of the painting. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. Has anyone here attempted a replica jacket?

Thanks

-Chris

Last edited:
Re: A-Team Murdoch's leather jacket

Dwight-Schultz-Howlin-Mad-Murdock-S.jpg

You're right it's just a tiger. This was the best I could find so quickly. Sorry bout the split photos.

thanks for that pic! I've not seen that one before and it shows the design pretty good....thanks for the help :)

Thanks for the heads-up on this, mate. Never one to let the grass grow under my feet, I decided to push on and having viewed alot of a-team DVDs have now done myself a 'Murdock':

From the front. Standard leather A2 flying coat, blue cap, check shirt, chinos and black converses:

IMGP0140-1.jpg

And from the rear. I've painted up the Da Nang 1970 tigers head as best as I can with acrylic paints. I'm not the best artist in the world, but think it's not bad. Just need to find my invisible dog Billy and I'm ready for the VA hospital! :

IMGP0142.jpg

First off, I apologize if bumping a thread this old is un-P.C. But in this case, perhaps better late than never could apply, right? :confused I just finished this up yesterday. Acrylic paint on an A-2 = childhood dream come true!

If you're still interested in the details, don't hesitate to ask.

A.J.

Last edited:

Great job on the painting!!! Unfortunately my mate recently sold his jacket, damn....would love to have a jacket like that myself one day, being a fan of the show. Thanks for showing your work.....

Just put the finishing touches on it today. Very happy with the results.

Did your friend take any pictures of his jacket before he sold it? I'm interested in seeing how it turned out!

Last edited:

In two months of searching, I haven't found anyone out there who's ever created anything remotely close like this (by all means, someone please point me in the right direction!)

A-Team for life :thumbsup
~A.J.

Last edited:

They all look good...but you can tell they are VERY CLOSE...and that's amazing considering they all have to be actually painted..and not a stencil. Congrats. The last one you posted would have to take alot of time telling the difference between the original and yours...well done!!

My last post for now (since I keep replying to myself :confused, lol)

Here's about two months of practice and 13 more jackets later... finally finished my own.

h_m__murdock_jacket_14_compare_by_nescartfanatic-d34zewl.jpg

In case anyone was wondering, my first two jackets were painted solely by screen shots, but #3 and onward were painted with closeup HQ pics, so the specs and colors are pretty much spot on now.

In two months of searching, I haven't found anyone out there who's ever created anything remotely close like this (by all means, someone please point me in the right direction!)

A-Team for life :thumbsup
~A.J.

oh man those are amazing. That would definitely be a childhood dream come true to have a Murdoch jacket. Well done sir.....

Last edited:

Aww, well, I can help make your dream come true. I do offer my work for fellow fans, so feel free to check out my DeviantArt page for all the rambling details, and if you want to see other reviews of my earlier work, I can direct you to the Replicars message board.

Anyone else interested can feel free to P.M. me, as I have no intention on keeping this newly discovered ability to myself. *wink*

I use acrylics with a sealant to prevent moisture from bleeding/rubbing off, etc.

As for the question of its difficulty, here's a picture of my very first jacket attempt in 'er new home.

a_j___s_a_2_murdock_jacket_1____by_nescartfanatic-d32yozo.jpg

I didn't find it hard, just hard working without HQ reference pics...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back