A-Team Murdock's leather jacket

Hi everyone I'm in the UK and received my Murdock jacket the other day from A.J and I have to say its fantastic, paint job is fantastic too. I always wanted one as a young boy and have been looking for a replica for a number of years, and when I came on here A.J. helped me out greatly not just with a jacket but a fantastic paint job.

A boyhood dream has come true. Now all I need is a helicopter, hahaha.

Oh really? Damnit! Does anybody have a screenshot of that auction? How much did it fetch? Would love to get an original jacket and ready to spend some bid money for it.

Thanks,
Ryan

Hey there :)

I have the auction shots. The jacket was in terrible shape though - it was used in the stunt wardrobe department after the other two were made, and pretty much beat to hell by the time the series finished. (It's the jacket that got the blood pack explosion in the Sound of Thunder)

Last edited:
Mm, I want to say around 600 euro (too long ago to remember now) but there's a back story to it as well - the seller stated it was one of Dwight's originals, (technically, it wasn't, but it was worn by him in the pilot episode and 1st season) so he, and his fan site's webmaster called it "absolutely fake". (Which had me wondering, "Okay, who paints these?" Searches turned up nothing.)

After a lot of back and forth with the seller, they agreed it was a show worn stunt jacket. At this point, I'm asking myself, "Why doesn't anyone know the facts about these?!"

So I began my study out of curiosity, and matched the auctioned jacket to the pilot (months after it sold). I guess I studied a little too much, well, because...

Dwight's stated in a podcast years ago he won't give his jackets away. He did donate #3 to Ft. Bragg for a Vietnam unit, but it sat in a storage closet for ten years as they never built what they were supposed to, so he had them send it back.

The original artist's name was Pauline Annon, but she passed away in the 80's. That's about all I know. :)

If anyone out there was looking for a new A-2, I saw US Wings had their Vintage color jackets on sale, new for $195 (regular price $395)

I'd say that's quite a steal for a new one... here's their site. Scroll down to see "Vintage Cowhide A-2 2000"

A-2 Leather Bomber Jackets and Flight Jackets from U.S. Wings, Page 1

Just relaying the info. :)

VCA22KF_DETAIL.jpg

New here. Looks really good. In the UK, wouldn't mind buying a jacket and doing the paint job myself. Only question is legality? If I did one and sold it to a friend, are there any licensing issues? I'm thinking that's why I can't find any replicas anywhere but here.

I don't think there's any copyright issues. If there is, I haven't been notified in the 8 months I've been openly painting. As far as I know, it's no different than those who make van replicas. The original artist has passed on, Stephen Cannell too (RIP to both) and since jackets were never manufactured or marketed in the first place, I'm pretty sure it's in the clear.

Before I painted mine, I searched high and low for anyone else who did this and found nadda - just a few jackets that were not quite close enough for my eyes.

I only meant to paint one, but when my inbox started filling with requests, I made sure to ask permission to keep painting... just in case.

Dwight's amazing to his fellow fans, I will say that.

Last edited:
Hello AJ

#43 reporting in!

The jacket has arrived safely in England and I have to say - It looks awesome! Your artwork is simply stunning with lovely detailing. I can't take my eyes off it - and it isn't even for me!

As you know, I ordered the jacket for my girlfriend Gina, who's been an A-Team nut for about 15 years and had always wanted a Murdock jacket. Gina is so thrilled to finally have one and absolutely loves it. It's even better than she dreamed it could be, which coming from a fellow Murdockian, is really saying something.

Obviously, embarking on a transaction like this can seem a daunting prospect at first, especially with the distance involved, but after reading your reviews and communicating with you I decided to take the plunge and I am so glad that I did!

You are a joy to do business with and provide a great service. (I actually ordered a new vintage A2 straight from US Wings and had it it delivered direct to AJ). Your passion for your work shines through to not only your artwork, but also to your communications which were prompt, frequent and fun too.

It was great value for money and I thoroughly recommend you to anyone wanting the most accurate replica Murdock jacket you can get.

Thanks for all your hard work and for making this such an enjoyable transaction.

Cheers AJ!

Matt

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back