A-Team Murdock's leather jacket

The photo you showed of your buddy in Germany, is that the kind of color you mean when you say gray/brown color. How long ago was that photo?

Ironically, he just sent me that picture yesterday morning on FB (though he's had it since January, it finally warmed up enough over there to wear it.)

All in all, there's such a spectrum of distressed leather colors, mostly due to how much sun exposure it's had in it's lifetime.

Here's an example...

3colors.jpg

The top is the light brown distressed L.L. Bean, the middle is the more "gray" distressed, and the back one is the "vintage" color of a US Wings or Cooper.

By "light brown" I mean it looks distressed, just hasn't been weathered at all, as there's no "gray/sunbleach-ness" in that particular jacket.

Jacket price normally depends on size, medium sizes (40, 42) run less than the small (36) or XL (44/46), usually anywhere from $75-$100 for the jackets themselves, though I've paid over $100 by customer request on the jacket they wanted.

Chris - my paint price is $125 for the tiger and Da Nang lettering, and shipping cost for international USPS flat rate to the UK is $47.50.

I'm painting up #33 for the Netherlands now, then I'll be open for the next... just need a jacket size for an order request.

Last edited:
Yup, it's a size 42 which is a large. Picked it up for the next person to order a jacket, (I've had way too many rush orders not to keep a small stock on hand) so if you're interested, it's available.

Last edited:
Unfortunatley that size is too big for me, I am a 36 Regular, I am thinking of getting one from L.L Bean but I will have to go for the weathered one as the other is too dark, would you recommend this?

Yes, I'd recommend the weathered color. It seems to be the best match from the show.

Thanks mac! I can tell you one thing... pictures do no justice to the real eye.

I emailed LL Bean and they said that they do have a light brown instock and that the photo on the website was not an accurate one and so it is a light brown not gray.

So if its anything like the one in the photo from your buddy in Germany i'll be happy.

Just wondering, If and when I get this jacket how much do you charge to do the paint job and how would I send it to you? I would obviously decide on this when I get it.

My paint price is $125, for the tiger and lettering. (I've been told I should be charging more, but eh, it's a hobby and for the fans. :) Seams don't seem to be a problem either.

You can have it shipped to me with your preferred mail carrier, and I'll ship it back with the paint, takes about 2-3 days to complete.

I use USPS.com priority medium size box. Though international shipping to the U.K. would be $47.50 for the flat rate. Might save time and money to have L.L. Bean ship it to me first for paint, just a thought...

You can check out my deviant site for all the nitty gritty details and more pics and what not..., the link's in my siggy.

Last edited:
Just wondering have you had any jackets sent to you from the UK for paint job, if so do you know what shipping method was used?

No, the only jackets ever sent to me were from here in the U.S. (probably because of the shipping fees) The ones I've sent to the U.K. had me search out the jacket for them here.

I'm sure you can use your postal service website to see what their fee is. Jacket weight is around the 4 lb mark and I know sending it back to you would be $47.50 with a flat rate USPS priority box. (7-10 days. If you want to go cheaper, 1st class is about $10 less)

Edit: As of this edit, I've had three jackets sent to me from the U.K. now :)

Last edited:
Donating my next few commissions to the relief efforts in Japan... receipt proof provided of course.

*update* still donating, moved to percentage.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back