Best way to attatch patches to leather jacket?

Use Loctite® PL Premium® FAST GRAB Polyurethane Construction Adhesive... It works...

Sewing patches is ideal - especially when it's an historical repro. You want it down to the OD thread, yadda, yadda, yadda... BUT? Most places sew right through the jacket/vest. I've seen them sew right through an inside or outside pocket. The good ones remove the lining. They charge more than $10 - at least the ones I've worked with.

Flight Suits / G&B does it right. If that's what you want, give them a call.

For myself? The only one I've done myself is a Sons of Anarchy cut. I did it the way they do them for the show - Loctite® PL Premium® FAST GRAB Polyurethane Construction Adhesive. They tell me they got that "tip" from a couple Hell's Angles from Oakland.

On that note? "They" recommended getting repros from WizardPatch. LOL - Because FOX has locked down the IP on Sons, the only really identical repros come from these guys who make and ship from China. No sticky IP-related laws. The company is based in Australia...

Oh - the awl idea? I hope that's a joke. You really think that's how to sew on leather? Cut your steaks with an axe?

After reading this info, I used the fast grab stuff and applied some patches to my Lil Joe's vest to make a replica SOA vest. It worked great! Thanks for the help Patterson!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back