X Wing build.

Thanks everyone. I've not had a chance to work on her this week as the weather and other tasks have stuffed me up. I shall have to build a spraybooth as its a bit to wet and cold now to work with all the windows open and risk the airbrush coughing all over it with a splat attack.

Hi! I'm new here! I’m JAPANESE.
I'm also building 1/24 RED2 now.
I'm very impressed to see your weathering technique.

Recently, here in JAPAN, it's too cold to open windows to use airbrush.
I build a spaybooth by myself,too. :)

I'm looking forward to watch your progress!:)

Last edited:
I've struggled to get the X finished but I have officallly given up until the spring. Its just been too wet, too windy too cold and just takes too long to get anything to dry at the moment. So there are still lots of bits to finish ie the engine inserts, the lazer wire, the pilot and R2 unit and heavy lazer fire scoring. But I won't be doing any more painting unless we get very decent weather ,which will be unlikely this side of Xmas! Even with the moisture capture unit on the airbrush it still managed to spit all over one lazer and I'm getting finger prints all over bits because of the very slow drying times. So is time to pack it in until brighter days.
Anyway until then heres pictures of the X assembled ( although the lazers are held on with Bluetak!! for the moment) and some photos of the painted engine detail as requested. Mr Salzo casts exceedingly nice kits as you can see from the pics.Cheers again.

2009_1125XFINal0002.jpg

2009_1125XFINal0006.jpg

2009_1125XFINal0005.jpg

2009_1125XFINal0004.jpg

2009_1125XFINal0007.jpg

2009_1125XFINal0011.jpg

2009_1125XFINal0001.jpg

2009_1125XFINal0008.jpg

Hi,

perfect model great job.

Can you tell me where I can get a kit from Salzo or CC, is there any chance to get a kit at all??

regards

Pierre

Awesome work so far! I can understand about the weather. That's why I started doing most of my painting in a spare room. It's nice being single again!

Hi,

perfect model great job.

Can you tell me where I can get a kit from Salzo or CC, is there any chance to get a kit at all??

regards

Pierre

They are no longer being made. The best chance is to grab one that comes up for sale in the Junkyard. When you gain access to it that is. Or, keep an eye on ebay as they pop up there from time to time.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back