Hengstler Attachment

Yorkie Fett

Sr Member
I'm currently putting together my first pipe E-11, but am having trouble finding decent photos of how the Hengstler attaches to the body of the Stirling.

Most pictures show the left side of the finished article so it's difficult to see what connection is used and at what point. I know most people use a metal bracket, but I need decent photos.

Any chance somebody could post some.

That's interesting. I assumed people had use the metal brackets (similar to the ones on the thermal detonator) because that what was used on the screen versions.

Am I right in thinking most ANH E-11s started life with a Hengstler but they came off during filming BECAUSE they weren't attached that securely?

That's interesting. I assumed people had use the metal brackets (similar to the ones on the thermal detonator) because that what was used on the screen versions.

Am I right in thinking most ANH E-11s started life with a Hengstler but they came off during filming BECAUSE they weren't attached that securely?

Bingo, it looks like they were simply glued on :thumbsup

This is what I did. It is hard to see so it's not obnoxious, but it holds it quite well.

e11_bracket.jpg

This is what I did. It is hard to see so it's not obnoxious, but it holds it quite well.

e11_bracket.jpg

Thanks Sumatra, that's a great help. The problem is the Hengstler is a heavy chunk of resin and I don't think simply gluing would hold it securely- it would probably drop off.

Still I suppose that's what you could call screen accurate!!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back