My Hero M41A Pulse Rifle - Moving on to the Build... finally!

I'm thinking something along these lines: I'd put a battery holder in the mag base and run the wires up through the mag to contacts at the top which would connect to the contacts on the SD Studios block.

My_Pulse_29.jpg

Thanks for the compliments. Much appreciated.

I think I have come up with how I am going to wire the battery in the PR mag base that is both functional and sturdy enough to slap the mag in place as if it were real while maintaining the functionality of being able to load dummy rounds in the mag. More on this after I have had some time to work on it.

Here is how I decided to wire up the battery:

My_Pulse_30.jpg

I cut the contacts off a AA battery holder and glued them in the mag base. Then ran the wires to brass screws which will be the contacts. These will mate up with brass leaves in the shroud. This way, I will not have to take the shrouds apart to change batteries and the mag maintains it functionality for loading dummy rounds.

Tragedy!

I hit a bit of a snag while working on the PR today. I was working on making room for the counter wiring and...

My_Pulse_31.jpg

Out came the JB Weld to fix it, but unfortunately it put an end to the work for today.

Here is an idea of how I am going about routing the wires. I wanted all of the wiring to be on one side of the shrouds for easier disassembly if need be. The power wires will also follow this path from the contacts at the bottom of the mag well. I still need to work on the contacts as they are not quite right to mate with the contacts in the magazine. Also, there may be some clearance issues with the power plug on the counter board. I may take the plug off and just solder the power wires directly to the board. This should give the clearance needed. I won't really know until I get the grip frame back from being fixed (see above for that story) and am able to fit it all together. Hopefully that will happen in the next few weeks.

My_Pulse_32.jpg

Got the counter wired and working today. It is crazy tight in the shrouds with the real shotgun. Lots of clearance issues. I managed to get it in though. You can see the brass contacts for the magazine power supply at the bottom. The one with the screw hanging out screws into the other shroud half. Now I just need my Thompson grip frame back and I can get the trigger wired.

My_Pulse_35.jpg

Not much progress of late. Been to busy to work on the PR. Getting close to paint stage, but I want to get everything fit and working first. I have chosen Alumahyde Dark Park Grey for the metal parts and Aervoe Earth Brown (closest off the shelf match for Brown Bess) for the shrouds.

Here's a a quick shot showing the counter working with the magazine battery contacts.

My_Pulse_36.jpg

DBoz, this is looking great. I am just staring to build one too, full metal with real shotgun 870 and blowback Thompson. I know they are proverbial rocking horse s**t, but do you have and contacts for the SPAS parts?

Any help but be appreciated. Good price will be forthcoming.

Man, I really need to get back to this. I have taken a bit of a hiatus from it.

As for the SPAS parts, I can tell you where I got mine. Go to The Aliens Legacy. It's the best reference for Aliens info out there. A member there named Armourer sells the SPAS parts periodically. There is a BasePX forum for selling there, but you have to have a minimum number of posts to access it (I don't know how many off hand), but if you send him a PM, you can probably find out the info.

DBoz, Thanks Man...just been on the forum and been in contact with Armourer. RESULT. Thanks so much.

Very excited now ( I need to get out more :lol)

:cheers

I can't begin to tell u how jealous I am. Other then my proton pack this is the holy Grail of props IMHO. I would love to build this. Great job!

Great job on your pulse rifle so far ,look forward to seeing more......My build was a pain in the neck on my hero build as well ......will be watching with much interest....

Thanks. I really need to get back to this. It is mostly complete, except for a few tweaks here and there and then the final painting, which is not my strong suit. Probably why I've been procrastinating it. Nothing can ruin a good prop faster than a crappy paint job.

DBoz, hows the build going? Finished yet? I am just starting mine. Did you get the trigger switch solution sorted? If so, how did you do it?

Post some pics of the PR so we can all drool. Thanks

Take Care

Sadly, no I haven't done anymore on the PR. Honestly, I have gotten to the point where I need to do some painting and I really suck at painting, so I have been procrastinating. I have some other work I could be doing on it, but I have been working on other things. I've been thinking about it quite a bit, but am not sure when I will actually get back to it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back