Original Costumes from 1966 Batman

I love the 1966 batman costume, Here is me and the wife out wearing mine.

IvyTVBatman.jpg

Hi,

You both look great.

Looks like a costume from South America. Pretty much the last place to get a complete suit "Out of the box".

Is that Action Costumes or Evolution Costumes? One of those two changes their name alot.

Chuck...

Out of the currently available leather boots, does anyone have an opinion as far as the closest match?

Out of the currently available leather boots, does anyone have an opinion as far as the closest match?

I have to say Durans Shoes are the closest.
The have the curved zipper and sole just like the originals.
Great people to work with and a top notch product.

The used to have top points that were a bit "stumpy" but I redrew the pattern last year to correct it. They look MUCH better and more accurate now.
The only thing that keeps them from being dead on is a SLIGHTLY more rounded toe and that's REALLY splitting hairs.

They also allow you to supply the leather to them. I did that when I got my new boots made.
You want to use a good quality smooth 2-2.5 oz. cow leather hide.

Chuck...

Last edited:
Great work, Chuck!
I love this information as well! How long have you been researching this sort of thing? I'd say a couple of weeks at least. :lol

This thread's brought back a few childhood memories :)

It's great that you've got an original and I'm sure that all who are into the Batman cosplay scene are salivating at the thought of your plans!

Nice Work Chuck,

I would say you have been researching this stuff at least a couple of months if not a whole year!! Good to see you here my friend.

jack

Hey Guys,

This time just wanted to show the sample cape Lynne made from her pattern off an original.

Even in this stock dark blue silk satin, I'm happy with the results.:)

She's also marked the many different snap locations so it has that right "Adam West" look when worn.:)

I have another update I'll post shortly...

Thanks for looking!
Chuck...

:eek A true work of art!!!

Man that costume brings back fond memories and some great laughter. Thanks for sharing and yes, I'm very jealous! Awesome work.:thumbsup

that is totally amazing. I remember growing up watching it every morning before school thinking it would be so cool to get one of those costumes. Its still a goal of mine at some point to own one.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back