Original Costumes from 1966 Batman

Yeow! That'll do nicely! Thanks a bunch!!! :)

Here's the best I could find in the archives for ya GH.
study_04.jpg

Another bit of trivia that most folks don't know is that the fins on the glove get smaller as they go up the arm!!!!

2380-0003.jpg

Chuck...

My pleasure GH!

Thanks guys!!!

Here's the latest off the bench after gleaning info from my encounter with the original.

Chuck...

Chuck,

That is a work of art! Very nice job love it! That cowl I think is the grail that would make my Batman collection complete, I love that thing. That was my most favorite show as a kid and I love it still today:thumbsup

Keith

Thanks so much Guys!
It means a lot to me coming from such a talented group of artists.

Yep, I loved this show as a kid and was very curious to see what the costumes were made of. Remember, it was before spandex so such stretchy satin wasn't widely seen then.

I've been haunting fabric stores since I was a kid!
Fortunately my wife is a trained costumer and pattern maker and has brought her considerable talents to this project.

We are planning a limited edition set of the patterns to include swatches of some of the more rare fabrics like the cowl fabric and Robin's trunk fabric.
Another planned inclusion is a list of Pantone colors of the various suit parts. Even though some have faded, I believe it will help narrow the color searches for most folks.

We've been making these available for a couple of years now. Accepting offers on them as they are completed.

Unfortunately we are almost out of the original fabric and there is none to be found since the fabric manufacturer went out of business.

We are down to the last two or three becoming available in the next month or so. By the end of the year,we'll be done with this edition using the original fabric.:cry

Thanks again Guys!!!!
Chuck...

Hi All,

Just closed on what we believe to be the last bit of original Robin vest fabric!!!!
I was tracking it down at one of our long time L.A. suppliers that supplied fabrics for the original show.
I was describing the color I was looking for and the salesperson said that they saw something like it recently while looking for something else.

Well, the sample arrive and there it was!!!

I just got these photos back from my friend with the original costumes.:thumbsup

The fabric has all the telltale signs of being in the shop for ages. Some of the edges are faded but the bulk is great.
We have enough for literally a handful of replicas made with what we feel is THE fabric!!!

I also wanted to share one of my favorite photos from the encounter with the originals. It illustrates just what a detail nut I am!!

Chuck

Hey Guys,

This time just wanted to show the sample cape Lynne made from her pattern off an original.

Even in this stock dark blue silk satin, I'm happy with the results.:)

She's also marked the many different snap locations so it has that right "Adam West" look when worn.:)

I have another update I'll post shortly...

Thanks for looking!
Chuck...

Last edited:
Holy Heroic Hard-Hats!

I need to visit the costuming forum more often! Outstanding work and it really shows your passion for the subject.

Dave

Thanks Tiberius!!!

The other quick update is a new batch of chest emblems.

It's made from a slightly cleaned up scan of an original that has been pantone matched to the original color.

It's die cut the correct size.

Chuck...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back