OdiWan72´s prop family

Re: OdiWan72s blaster family - Naboo CR-2 heavy blaster

Not many blasters get finished in a beergarden.
Nice stuff.
Working on Rey for my granddaughter, S-5 still on hold.
W

Yeah, PT sucks ***** LOL!

Nice CR2 though! Do we own the only 2 replicas in existence? (not including screen used of course)

Wow, this obviously is another redheaded step-child amongst all StarWars props...over 200 views since I posted the pics and just 1 post. We really seem to hate the PT :lol

Well, indeed, your build is nicely made, as usual - but the gun and it´s design,aye, it´s only PT. Looks not SW for me, could be from any generic sf-show. ;)

Steve:
If I could finish -all- my projects in a biergarten, I´d never ever spend a minute in my workshop anymore :lol
I´ll post some side by side pics along with the "Pizza Hut" blaster asap ;)

Michael:
Yeah...it´s only PT stuff, I know :lol But I had Shawns Calico for many years now and only decided to focus more on OT items later on. Couldn´t let it go, sorry.

Marcus:
Don´t know if there are only two "fully dressed" replicas out there, but at least not many. We´ll see how long it takes to sell the spare parts lot it put up FS in the JY :cool

Jason:
To be honest, I also like the pellet gun based blasters more than the Calico. Have all of them now, based on REAL guns (LP200, LP1, C55).

My next project should gain a bit more interest, being an OT prop, but NO blaster NOR lightsaber :cool
At my current speed, it´ll take about 2 years from now on to call it done (already collecting parts and having parts made over a period of about two years) :lol

Markus

Michael:
Yeah...it´s only PT stuff, I know :lol But I had Shawns Calico for many years now and only decided to focus more on OT items later on. Couldn´t let it go, sorry.

No need for excuses, Markus. Some stuff isn´t that bad as others. :)

My next project should gain a bit more interest, being an OT prop, but NO blaster NOR lightsaber :cool
At my current speed, it´ll take about 2 years from now on to call it done (already collecting parts and having parts made over a period of about two years) :lol

Markus

Is it big? And white? :D

I was thinking around something more than twice the size of a binoc, blocky shape, with antennas, ..... seems i was wrong. :wacko

I was thinking around something more than twice the size of a binoc, blocky shape, with antennas, ..... seems i was wrong. :wacko

Maybe you are, maybe not ;)

Are your lathe AND mill working again :cool?

Markus

Lathe was always ready - the mill ..... i havn´t touched it yet. :rolleyes

The new job makes me having even less free time than the old one.

Had an hour of spare time today and made a cardboard mockup for testing the shapes and sizes of the add-on parts (the box is too "pointy" and needs to be a tad less high...but you´ll get the idea ):

Basic layout of a few parts, that go on top of the Hoth scanner:

Markus

Last edited:

This is very exciting, Markus! I am on the hunt!

Had a few hours to spend on propping last night and came up with this...

Finished my ROTJ hero DV saber

Redid the barrel extension (was too short at first try) on my "weirdo" Han ROTJ DL44 and reassembled everything along with some slight weathering. Still plan to replace the powder coated resin ANh cradle with a steel one from DEC asap

Also redid the coiled wire section on my ANH DDCD and started to work on my own DV reveal mask, but didn´t take any photos of this.
It was a goooood night :cool

Markus

Both of these look great, Markus! I love the Vader. I see you trimmed the underside of the grips where they rest on the end cap. Did you file, mill, or sand them?

Both of these look great, Markus! I love the Vader. I see you trimmed the underside of the grips where they rest on the end cap. Did you file, mill, or sand them?

Neither nor...I used a spare set of MR grips, that already had the trimmed undersides ;)

And AGAIN...I am not able to update my threads title...no matter what I try, it won´t update. This bug is really starting to annoy me! :behave

Markus

Markus

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back