OdiWan72´s prop family

Re: My evergrowing blaster family...Update 06/24/2014!!!

wow ... if I were ever to direct a star wars movie or fan film . . . I'd know where to look for real blaster props ;)

Chaim

You know that scene in a lot of movies where an alert goes off and everyone runs to an armory and starts pulling guns off a rack? I think you could recreate that with at least 20 people with Markus' collection. :lol

You know that scene in a lot of movies where an alert goes off and everyone runs to an armory and starts pulling guns off a rack? I think you could recreate that with at least 20 people with Markus' collection. :lol

Hmmmm....you might you have given me an idea to safe on display space in the future ;)
Someday I have to give up my mancave and swap it with my son´s current -smaller- room, when he´s older/ needs more room.

THEN I´ll have to seriously reconsider all my displays :cry
Until then I enjoy the heck out of them :cool

Anyway...the armory rack seems to be a good idea for the E-11´s ;)

Markus

- - - Updated - - -

wow ... if I were ever to direct a star wars movie or fan film . . . I'd know where to look for real blaster props ;)

Chaim

Thanks Chaim, I should be able to equip quite a few characters indeed ;)

Markus

- - - Updated - - -

They belong in a museum. ;)

They are in one already...MINE :lol

Markus

- - - Updated - - -

Aw man, those pics eat up the whole data volume on my.mobile! I could've waited til the next visit, and take a pic with the lil guys holding the e11s, but its too hard not to drool over that collecti
on :banghead:

believe me Michael...I already tried to put a blaster in Lean´s hands :lol
Problem is, the only hyperfirm blaster that I wasn´t afraid of being damaged OR would potentially hurt my little one during handling is my MG Lewis.
And that is definately an overkill for a 9 months old ;)

Markus

Re: My evergrowing blaster family...Update 07/10/2014!!!

Small update!

Since I don´t have the time to start any new builds currently, I took the chance to rework/ upgrade some existing blasters...

First of all I replaced my scratchbuild center stock greeblies by 3D printed accurate ones and call my ESB EE-3 DONE (for now *LOL*)

Next I put the missing greeblies onto my Type99 MG cast.
This was a blaster, that was seen on a promotional poster for ESB. But later on, I read that this was supposed to be Lukes HERO blaster for ANH (at least during pre-production).
My cast is way better than the one the prop-dept. built the blaster from and I didn´t want to go the route of cutting off any details/ filling up whole areas etc. so I left it in its current condition.
The greeblies are a TomTit engine-cover, a vintage transcriptor tonearm-headshell (which I scratchbuilt) and an audio-plug (same as on the MerrSonn) on top of that with a section of coiled wire.

Next in line are some adjustments to my MerrSonn.
I scratchbuilt the greeblies for its right side...IMHO the original parts were some vintage square pushbuttons glued together. you can see one of the covers missing on the lower greeblie, giving you an insight of the actual part. I found some square buttons, but as you can see they were too small. So I simply built a "frame" around these, painted them black and added them to the blaster. They´re changed easily, if the real part surfaces some day.
Also replaced the repro TomTut parts with real ones (except of the nice metal engine grills, which are permanently attached to the upper receiver).
The discs on the rear end of the blasters left side is just temporary and will be replaced by a nice machined solid disc very soon (it´s a filled up washer atm)

Thanks for looking,

Markus :)

Next in line is a total overhaul of all my ESB blasters (Han Hoth, Han & Luke Bespin), but I am still waiting for some parts to arrive.
THEN I´ll start my Greedo and Jawa blaster...maybe parallely, we´ll see ;)

Markus

Thanks man.
Just trying to keep the status quo...it's getting harder and harder to defend the title of being the blaster master with all you talented prop-builders catching up sooo fast ;)

Markus

Thanks man.
Just trying to keep the status quo...it's getting harder and harder to defend the title of being the blaster master with all you talented prop-builders catching up sooo fast ;)

Markus

Hey I'm doing my part. I haven't had any time to finish my Endor rifle yet! :lol

Re: ShowOff-New blaster family members

That's no more to be called a collection, has to be called Museum dude!

Regards,

Alberto

Ok I've never seen the Type99 MG! What is that!?

And the EE3!? Too awesome...

And the Mersonn!!!??? TOOO BLOODY AWESOME!

When I go to Germany again, one of the stops MUST be your house! Lol

Blown away every time I see one of your updates. What Scott said: AWESOME!

Mike

Thanks gentlemen, you´re too kind :)

It is hard for me to follow all YOUR great threads and builds without feeling the urge to actually DO something myself :lol
Work and my little one do not leave me much time for propping, but sometimes I can squeeze in an hour (or two ;)) in my workshop.

received some of the last remaining puzzle-pieces for my Greedo/ Jawa blasters today, we´ll see when I start these :cool

Thanks for looking!!!

Markus

...received some of the last remaining puzzle-pieces for my Greedo/ Jawa blasters today, we´ll see when I start these...

I'll be following that build with great interest. I want to try a Greedo blaster build myself. I plan to start collecting parts soon. My big hurdle will be replacing the bull barrel of the Ruger Mk1 airsoft with a more accurate version. It not the actual replacing as much as it is getting a decent part to replace it with.

You know what Marcus I'm beginning to think your obsessed :)

You know what Marcus I'm beginning to think your obsessed :)

I thought this the first time I read this thread ;)
It is great workmanship, maybe art...

I don't know much about the blasters from Star Wars but your collection is awesome.
I like your lightsaber and Graflex collection just a little bit more ;)

Outstanding!
Congrats mate!
And thank you for sharing :)
enrico

Some small progress with a few projects...

Removed the front sights on my two rugers:

Preassembled the left side-detail for my SuperTrooperBlaster, made from original parts. Also cut the aluplate for the right side.... Still trying to figure out the details:

Also made some good progress with modifying two MGCs, but the pics are on another digicam and not uploaded yet. Will post pics soon...

Markus

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back