OdiWan72´s prop family

Re: My evergrowing blaster family...Update 07/27/2014!!!

Is that a real Uzi you're using for the proto-Fett? If so I'm impressed. ;)

I wish I could use a simple deac'd real UZI...
would have saved me a lot of time finding and a lot of money purchasing this vintage Marushin UZI, which is needed for this project :(
A real UZI or even the most replicas feature different details, which wouldn't be accurate ;)

Sorry, that you're not impressed anymore :lol

Markus

Here are the pics of my two modified MGC´s before I applied blueing compound

These are reserved for my new Bespin Luke and Han blasters

Markus

Some real triggers? Have you worked out how they'll function? Or gonna leave them not working?

Some real triggers? Have you worked out how they'll function? Or gonna leave them not working?

Real triggers, REAL rear-sights yes, good eye :)

Inserting them into the frame is not a problem, but you can´t dry-fire the MGC anymore when the real trigger is added :(
Will try to find a way to make it work, but don´t have any idea as of yet

Markus

I have some ideas... one was to use the extra leg that the MGC trigger has... IT would mean milling a slot for it on the back of the real trigger...

OR

making an extension on the sear arm so that the real trigger could push against it. That would be easiest I think.

I was going to do it with my Luke ESB, MGC, but have been too busy building for other people.

Markus, ... I see you have managed to get your hands on a real telegraph button style graflex top ... so how does that particular and rare graflex relate to a SW blaster?

Chaim

Thanks ... very nice detail indeed ... so that's the prototype and for the movie blaster the propmakers decided to swap the graflex with a vintage MPP tube instead, correct?

Chaim

I wish I could use a simple deac'd real UZI...
would have saved me a lot of time finding and a lot of money purchasing this vintage Marushin UZI, which is needed for this project :(
A real UZI or even the most replicas feature different details, which wouldn't be accurate ;)

Sorry, that you're not impressed anymore :lol

Markus

No, now just amazed I didn't know it was a Marushin Uzi they used... :lol

Today I learned this Super Trooper blaster incorportes a telegraph graflex head as a front barrel.. :D

the extension sounds more appealing to me !
since I don't have any heavy machinery to work with, my possible solutions would be handmade and less clean compared to stuff you'd do with your mill/ lathe.

IF your idea works, I would like a few of those extensions for my blasters please...keep me in mind bro ;)

Markus

I have some ideas... one was to use the extra leg that the MGC trigger has... IT would mean milling a slot for it on the back of the real trigger...

OR

making an extension on the sear arm so that the real trigger could push against it. That would be easiest I think.

I was going to do it with my Luke ESB, MGC, but have been too busy building for other people.

Sym Cha:
as Frank wrote already (thanks man!) ...the UZI based blaster was meant to be Boba Fetts main weapon and was seen along with the all-white "super trooper" costume, at a time where BFs character wasn't even confirmed. The blasters use in the movies was scrapped and it remains in S. Sansweets collection now

Markus

Last edited:

Thanks Markus ... it must have been a blast to create those weapons on the go with whatever stuff was available to them :)

Chaim

Beautiful collection!
Do any of your sabers have lights or EFX?

here´s a small update in my two Bespin blasters...

The blueing came out much better after useing birchwoods Super Blue, but even after several treatments I couldn´t get the deep "black" finish I was hoping for. :( Han´s C96 is a tad darker and in better condition than Lukes, so I will use the one with the better result for Solos blaster.

I stained two sets of wooden DEC grips (still have to shorten the screws) with walnut wax and added them to the MGC´s along with real triggers. The real sight-blades are not attached as of yet.

Also managed to weather the muzzles.

Parallely I swapped/ upgraded parts on my various ROTJ DL44 to make them more accurate and proceeded work on the "weirdo" ROTJ blaster with the reversed HW 3x.
Don´t have the needed screws to attach the scope mount and will have to redo the barrel extension I made...it came out nice for a first try, but not nice enough ;)
Will post pics of the whole group, once I made more progress...

Stay tuned for updates :cool

Markus

Re: My evergrowing blaster family...Update 08/02/2014!!!

Bravo! Keep the good work up man... And sleep with a helmet on. :devil

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back