"Pan Sword"-Replicas from HOOK out there?

Me,too....hm...I love this movie.....
You're the Pan.

So I guess no replics out there..:cry
The Mattel prices are horrible on thebay...

Rufio, Rufio, Ru-Fi-Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Brad

Not the best movie, buit it had it moments, and Rufio was one of them!
RufioHookGrin01.jpg

BTW...I would like to also see "The Pan" sword....WAIT, that did'nt sound right....I mean a replica Peter Pan sword:lol

Rufio was very cool... R.I.P. :cry

We talked about the sword in a thread...

This would be a sweet display with the sword, the hook, maybe a map of neverland...

Maybe there is correct blade for the sowrd but the grip is the problem... on first view it looks like a simple wood grip with a coconut... :lol

I believe that the sword was a 32" steel blade that was gold plated. The handle was just a wooden handle wrapped with leather and then half a coconut shell wrapped with another natural material, bark maybe. I can't remember at the moment. The sword and the stone made it so maybe an email to them will shed some light on the subject.

I had the same speculation about the grip... Wooden and coconut.

Ah, just think about it for a brief moment: A GOLD PLATED BLADE!!! It would be a stunning piece....:love

Speak and it is done. I found a (slightly unhelpful) archive of screencaps.
Hook_7250.jpg

Hook_5852.jpg

There are better shots than this, but that silver thing around Rufio's neck is an egg-shaped teabag dipper. I have no idea the proper name for that thing, but it would be a good point of scale reference.
Hook_5922.jpg

Hook_3257.jpg

See the style of the blade here? It looks like it's almost convex, as though it slopes to an edge.

There also seems to be at least two types. This hero version, with the "canvas" or whatever is covering the coconut guard creeping up the blade...
Hook_3281.jpg

And this fighting version, where there's a hard cut-off between guard and blade.
Hook_7011.jpg

I like the first one better m'self.

Thanks. The wrapped blade looks better to me to. It is pretty short, Matt has the blade at 32" and that looks pretty close. I thought it could be done pretty easy but it looks like it has a groove down the middle(In some shots).

I'm not sure about a groove, but I can't figure out whether it's curved, as the reflection suggests in pic 4 or flat, and tapered to an edge (like pic 5).

For some reason I think curved. I mentioned in the other sword thread that I actually got quite close to this sword at a Planet Hollywood in Toronto or Montreal, and I'm pretty sure it was curved, but I can't find the pictures I took of it, so I can't say for sure.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back