Dark Star Bomb 20

I was tempted to cast the Mantra pieces, but many really need to be chromed to match the miniature!

L

Well Done Sir!
:thumbsup

BTW, I dont think many people would mind painting the "expensive bits" with chrome paint vs buying the kit.

For those of you needing bits, Round 2 AMT will be repoping the standard van trailer this fall. I don't see the reefer coming on the horizon, but I think it might have been repoped about five years ago, so getting those bits shouldn't be too tough.

Yeah, there's plenty of room in there for a cheap MP3 player or older model iPod you're not using. Having it talk would be a nice extra.

Someone geekier than I could run a speaker and a USB mic to a computer, do some software work, and in a limited way you could actually have a 'conversation' with the bomb... :lol

Just remember, if you take it to a model show by air and a TSA rep asks what it is, don't call it a "bomb". Call it a model of a "Thermostellar Device". ;)

I love it, what an awesome build up. :cool Very clean and neat, great job on the ID's. I watched the DVD of this just recently and immediately noticed the truck, but the other details were just too blurry to make out. Thanks for the decals and kit list Lee :thumbsup :thumbsup

For those of you needing bits, Round 2 AMT will be repoping the standard van trailer this fall. I don't see the reefer coming on the horizon, but I think it might have been repoped about five years ago, so getting those bits shouldn't be too tough.

I see that the Fruehauf Van has been released.
Fruehauf Van | AMT | Round 2 Models - AMT models, MPC models and Polar Lights models, including Star Trek kits.

Other than the "Watkins" decals, is there any difference between the AMT649 kit, and the AMT T507 kit?

Hey!
Of course :)
You can find the rear sign graphic here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lee_stringer/albums/72157622284598709
PM me your email address and I'll send the CDR//AI file for vinyl cutting the '20'

L

Hi Lee, you are a gentleman. Thank you Sir. Will PM the email address. Amassing the kits at the moment, the Matra is seriusly expensive and coming from Japan so I guess the Royal Mail will kill me on import duties!!

Lee do you recall what colour grey you used? It looks a good grey. I have an airbrush but not really sure what I am doing to need to get some practice in! Must admit I usually use spray cans for big models.

What are you building at the moment?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back