Dark Star Bomb 20

Sorry if this is a rude question but have you considered making a kit of this outstanding "bomb"?

Thing brings back lots of happy memories...

BrianM

And I'm DONE! :)
Final couple of chrome pieces added, some weathering (not too much) and a stand.

4175653808_fc9460e552.jpg

4175657322_4e8dda71e1.jpg

4175651092_89607aa5fd.jpg

4174877593_7459ebea7d.jpg

4175630978_00e94a5141.jpg

4174857001_70759878ef.jpg

Here's the full album of reference and progress:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lee_stringer/sets/72157622284598709/

For those that asked, the kit list is easy:
1/25th AMT Reefer Trailer Watkins decals version
1/25th AMT Trailer, can be box, reefer, maybe even tanker as you just need the wheel suspension bits and they are all (I think) the same.
1/48 Tamiya/Academy S-Tank
1/12 Matra MS-11 F1 Car (The expensive bits)
A few bit's from your parts box to make the top connector and some nurnies.

It's not really worth making as a kit, you need atleast one AMT trailer anyway (Maybe castings of the second, but ANY Battlestar rag-tag builder should have a spare or two), The S-Tank is easy-ish to get and while the Matra parts maybe castable as the kit is expensive, you really need them chromed to match the movie miniature.

Mine ended up a tad darker than I wanted even though I did use a very pale (Tamiya) grey. I'm fairly sure the original wasn't white, besides that being hard to film it would have looked even cleaner.

All post the Graphic used for the "CAUTION" sign to Flickr later tonight along with the CorelDraw file to make the "20" decal, I had it cut from matt black Vinyl.

Any questions please just ask
L

Excellent :thumbsup The subtle weathering looks perfect.

A kit would be cool but it's just as well, I don't think a "bomb kit" would go over too well at the Post Office :lol

i don't know the last time i wanted something so badly! all it needs now is for Carpenter and Dan O Bannon to sign the side !!! That thing is fantastic!

Never thought something, not Starwars, and so simple, would captivate me so much:lol, love this build, love your work Lee, having all the kits bar the S tank, its very tempting for a but of fun!

lee

Never thought something, not Starwars, and so simple, would captivate me so much:lol, love this build, love your work Lee, having all the kits bar the S tank, its very tempting for a but of fun!

lee

Ya exactly Lee well said!!!!:lol It's simple well detailed and put together
so clean, it's a blast to look at great job.....I stll don't know what it is but that doesn't matter!!!:lol

fantastic, one of the best builds i've seen on here. nicely displayed too :thumbsup

-z

It's 19in long, the bulk is just the 1/25th AMT Reefer. Once you get the four kits it's an easy weekend build.

L

I hear ya, just looking for ways to cut the cost. What are the other two dimensions of the reefer, if you don't mind my asking?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back