Dark Star Bomb 20

very nice build ,i love this movie.how are you going to display it? you going to make the "holding arm "? for it

mado

ha, very cool subject.

well done guys on getting some of the details down, i would have never seen the s-tank.

-z

Almost done, a couple of chrome pieces left to clue on. Had to take some liberties on the top and back end as there's little/no reference. Added a clamp looking thingy to the top. Still trying to decide how to weather it, in theory it should be clean and new, but that always looks wrong.

4135005738_0a2e9656f1.jpg

4134247013_fbbf777bea.jpg

4135002738_4932e606f8.jpg

4134999808_c58c07fde5.jpg

FANTASTIC WORK! :thumbsup

Gene

PS - You realize, of course, you will now find a lot of good references for this....

PPS - Now finish the Colonial Movers!

I'm telling Production that you aren't working, but rather that you're doing these sort of time-wasting things... unless you agree to some sort of blackmail to be named later.

Weathering weathering... maybe a few minor streaks and some vertical scrapes, but that's about all. Hit the major corners and focus on the attachment/grabby bits? Bake out an AO map, maybe a difference map for the spec break-up... seems a bit even. :p

Thanks Gene, yeh I fully expect to get a message from Greg the day after I add the weathering :)

Colonial Movers and/or Eagle Laser Tank are next to finish, just depends on which gets the missing parts first!

L

FANTASTIC WORK! :thumbsup

Gene

PS - You realize, of course, you will now find a lot of good references for this....

PPS - Now finish the Colonial Movers!

Wait, are you saying it looks CG :) Atleast I got some good looking Depth of Field.

It's REALLY good to make something 'real' for a change, my eyes keep getting confused at not looking at a monitor though.

L

[/quote]

I'm telling Production that you aren't working, but rather that you're doing these sort of time-wasting things... unless you agree to some sort of blackmail to be named later.

Weathering weathering... maybe a few minor streaks and some vertical scrapes, but that's about all. Hit the major corners and focus on the attachment/grabby bits? Bake out an AO map, maybe a difference map for the spec break-up... seems a bit even. :p

Wait, are you saying it looks CG :) Atleast I got some good looking Depth of Field.

It's REALLY good to make something 'real' for a change, my eyes keep getting confused at not looking at a monitor though.

L

[/quote]

Yeh, these real models all look fake to me. I went back to a sculpt that I started with Richard, and though I haven't got a model to pose for me, it's a hell of a lot more fun right now than firing up Maya or modo or LW... but so very strange.

You know the funny thing is, I actually do think of the end result of CG techniques to try to suss out some painting and such.

As for Mr Bomb here, fall back on the old trick: put it away for a bit. Think about it without thinking about it, then bring it back out in a week or so. I'd bet you'll hit on what to work up, and maybe you'll have heard from Greg.

Hey Lee, Killer build !!!

I dont make out any specific weathering in the screen grabs, but for display, I doubt anyone would complain about some light dusting.

Jim C

Last edited:
I'd say there's some panel variation along the sides, looking at the first screen-grab in post #12. It also suggests that it's white or very light overall, with a darker grey along the top section and front face. On second look, it can't be white-white, as the backing to the '20' signage is lighter.

Still, killer work!

Glad the tank worked out for you. Great build!!

The Academy is obviously a re-pop of the Tamiya as the Aurora kit is missing many a detail.

J

My S-Tank finally arrived, so it was build time. Very quick and simple but still a few surprises. There's still a few bits I couldn't ID but I'm more than happy at how close it is. A few bits will get added after they are painted and a few more after the dull coat as they are very much chrome. No idea of the color, it could be white but I'm going with a pale grey.

4117458250_a522fa6294.jpg

4116691541_16af6a5306.jpg

4116698471_549074d971.jpg

4117464058_ae0828efe1.jpg

Lovely work!

Maybe for weathering, some grease streaks and a few worn areas of bare metal on the clamps where they would have rubbed against other equipment?

I'd love to have some of those "Caution - Thermostellar Device" labels to stick on various bits of hardware around the house and workshop!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back