My x-wing pilot helmet build.

maboot38

I've completed the cutting, glueing and other assmebly, as well as the rebel standard decals on my x-wing pilot helmet.

standardcrop.jpg

Now I need to add my custom paint, kill decals, chin strap, microphone, earcups and padding.

I'm actually kind of torn because I love the way the standard helmet looks, but since the visor is wrong for the standard, I might as well customize the paint too.

Actually, that visor is correct for the standard insignia if you want it to be a snowspeeder helmet. In 'Empire' some of the snowspeeder pilots have the yellow visor with the standard helmet insignias. If you like it that way you can keep it as an accurate snowspeeder helmet!

Nice work by the way, what make is your helmet?

Actually, that visor is correct for the standard insignia if you want it to be a snowspeeder helmet. In 'Empire' some of the snowspeeder pilots have the yellow visor with the standard helmet insignias. If you like it that way you can keep it as an accurate snowspeeder helmet!

Nice work by the way, what make is your helmet?

I guess you're right about the ESB visors. Hmmmm.

The helmet is a Mark Bradley mold, and I did all the trimming, painting, and assembling.

Yes, it is an APH-6 mold. Alas, it no longer looks like this. I've painted it, but I am not quite done with the detail work and aging. Perhaps I'll post an update photo soon. I'm very happy with how it is turning out.

Can I inquire as to where you got the decals. They look great and I need some for the helmet I am working on.

Here is the latest update on the helmet build.
I've based my paint scheme off the red Luke helmet, but opted for a more white mohawk with a wider stripe down the middle. I still have to add gray pinstriping around the kill badges.
Then, of course, I have to age and weather it.

DSC_0001a.jpg

DSC_0003a.jpg

And I added padding on the inside by using air conditioner fittings.

DSC_0001c.jpg

I like that it really matches the color scheme of the chestbox.

I've completed the cutting, glueing and other assmebly, as well as the rebel standard decals on my x-wing pilot helmet.

standardcrop.jpg

Now I need to add my custom paint, kill decals, chin strap, microphone, earcups and padding.

I'm actually kind of torn because I love the way the standard helmet looks, but since the visor is wrong for the standard, I might as well customize the paint too.
Hi
Is it possible to get the pieces for a helmet, and where can I get them?
Please Reply, e-mail: Nicolain-e@hotmail.dk
Anyway awesome helmet

Bradleyfett also sells them here on the forum in the JunkYard, although you'll have to wait some time and raise your post count to view it. Might also want to make a intro in the correct section.

I think he means burnt cork.

I used watered down tempra paint sprayed on. If you dont like it you can wipe it off and try again. Put a dull coat of sealer on top when you are happy with it.

Here is the latest update on the helmet build.
I've based my paint scheme off the red Luke helmet, but opted for a more white mohawk with a wider stripe down the middle. I still have to add gray pinstriping around the kill badges.
Then, of course, I have to age and weather it.

DSC_0003a.jpg

And I added padding on the inside by using air conditioner fittings.

I like that it really matches the color scheme of the chestbox.

This looks great, and I will be watching this thread closely. It too have a BradleyFett kit on the way. I'm still trying to decide which version to do... Guess I'll just have to watch ANH this weekend! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back