32" Falcon My First Scratch Build

Well had my first major f&*%k up this morning. I shaved some length off the Mandibles which after doing so just didn't look right. Took a couple of measurements & was definately distraught :unsure So back to the block & cut a couple of fresh bases. Back at the start. Who ever said "Welcome to the WTF was I thinking club!" about Falcon builders definately had it right.

I know your pain!!!:lol:thumbsup

I have started over sooooooooooo many times, this is such a tough subject
if you want to get crazy with it!! keep plugging along enjoying watching and learning.

Thanks everyone. Some interesting points. All information is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the BF109 tip tox. Do we know what the 'Flaps' are off?

Thanks everyone. Some interesting points. All information is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the BF109 tip tox. Do we know what the 'Flaps' are off?

I've asked Moe about the flaps and he said they're still an un-known. I think he scratched a master and then cast it.

Just a suggestion about something else....I've had to cut into mine again to get the rear left quarter pit in the right place and the right size. This error has come to light when I'm trying to do the plating. I know it's a long way off at the moment, but I would suggest you test fit your plating before you cut the pits. It's pretty frustating to find this out when I thought that area was almost done.

Anyway..hope that helps

Phil

The the first time hurt, but this is twice now:cry..anyway it's all patched up again, and hopefully really ok now..

Phil

Can I get some suggestions on what to glue/secure the styrene with. The last thing I want is this puppy popping open sometime down the track?

As long as it's in the same scale,it shouldn't matter,as both would be machined to match the original cars' specifications,but only in this scale.
This would have to be made to match the actual car,and be true to all the cars' part designs.

Thanks. It was actually a dumb question on my behalf. If I had have just looked at the pictures on each box they are the same. The difference is the Edeai Grip box says 325 RSR, which it is not. The kits are the same. The Edeai Grip kit is the original then Entex reboxed it. Sorry for a dumb question...

Thanks. It was actually a dumb question on my behalf. If I had have just looked at the pictures on each box they are the same. The difference is the Edeai Grip box says 325 RSR, which it is not. The kits are the same. The Edeai Grip kit is the original then Entex reboxed it. Sorry for a dumb question...
Not a dumb question - you're just trying to be thorough! I looked at these today on studioscale.com,and they are identical boxes. Entex made this in the time that Empire,and Jedi were made. If there is another version of this by another company,then I'm not aware of it.

As long as it's in the same scale,it shouldn't matter,as both would be machined to match the original cars' specifications,but only in this scale.
This would have to be made to match the actual car,and be true to all the cars' part designs.

Actually we've come across multiple examples of this not being true, as a rule. The Monogram 1:35 8-Rad vs. the Tamiya, for example.

Actually we've come across multiple examples of this not being true, as a rule. The Monogram 1:35 8-Rad vs. the Tamiya, for example.
I meant with this particular kit - not with all models as a general rule. Trust me,I've been burned many times thinking that all kits in the same scale will have the exact same detail,and quality(case in point 1/25th scale Revell '57 Chevy,and 1/25th scale AMT '57 Chevy)! Entex bought the moulds for the Porche before Star Wars came out. This was discontinued a long...long time ago,in a galaxy far...far away!

Got back on it today & started glueing the side walls up. Some clamps to help keep things lined up, some Lock Tite to secure the styrene & away I went. I was surprised how easy & well it went. Im having fun again now seeing it come to a dimensional shape & thats what its all about :wacko

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back