Crashed Snow speeder.

So ive got this half finished studio scale snow speeder i started a few years back. and i was thinking about doing something different with it. so i decided to do the crashed speeder in the snow. not sure yet if im going to make the AT AT leg over the top of it. still need to add the cannons and a few other details. but im cleaning it up and going to mount it to a base for a not so small Diorama. Not 100% accurate but will tweak some parts.

heres a reference pic and a few of the model i have so far.

Thanks Al

speederscancrashed.jpg

IMG_0017-1.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Last edited:
I assume poor Dack's dead body will be included?

Don't worry Mom, I'm going up with Luke Skywalker! I'll be safe! :lol

I think that'll look cool even if you don't do the AT AT leg,Al!
I did something similar with the old plastic kit when i was a kid.Bent up the cannon and made a plaster of paris base with the speeder stuck into it.
Thats gonna be freakin huge though,that one!!:eek

BTW,i like what you've got there already,looks good to me anyway!:cool

I was thinking how you could line up an accurate shadow and thoguht you could take a toy and a light source as a guide.

THEN I thought if you plan to have this illuminated anyways, you could make a special spotlight with a cutout of the shape to give the shadow. Then you arent risking any damage to the model and you have a very accurate shadow effect.

Just a crazy idea.

By the way that snowspeeder is MASSIVE! I'd kill for one! Great work so far!!!

I don't think Luke was a good pilot, why attack the damn thing head on that was dumb!!!:lol You know fly in from behind and use the tow cable......what a looser!!!:lol:thumbsup

Ya thats going to be a huge base for that diorama, looking forward to
seeing this!!

I was curious if you're going to powder and microballoon it; as for the presence of the AT-AT foot, if you have at least one dedicated light, you could put a little shadow caster under it to do the trick. Just a small piece, only be sure it can take the heat.

Thanks guys.

The shadow effect might work, going to have to try that out and see what i can achieve with a small lamp.

this was a scratch build i did a years back before getting called up for the war. so its been sitting for a while. just now getting back to it. im probably going to use the woodland scenics snow. need to get some and test it out.

Al

Wow thats nice. Glad your home & thanks for your sacrifice. That is a nice piece of work & this is going to be great Scene. Good luck.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back