Show off - Luke ANH D-Ring+Clip Custom Made by Hand ...

I've got these pictures of Luke (Courtesy Lucasfilm Ltd.).
Don't know much about their backstory so feel free to enlighten us Chris.

Episode_4_Luke_Skywalker_3.jpg~original

You can see the D-Ring although not very clearly here

Episode_4_LukesToePic.jpg~original

However I do feel very strongly about the more round shape of the D (D-ish if you like)
and the width of the clip mine is 19,5 mm compared to the Tandyleather which is 16,5 mm

D-ringTandyleather.jpg~original

(Picture Courtesy to Killrmonkey)

Furthermore my clip is satin gloss and the one in the Toe Pic looks even more dull instead of high gloss
as is the Tandyleather. In this last unretouched picture of my D-Ring you can see this hopefully more clearly.
Disregard the highlight created by the flash.

D-RingClip_00009.jpg~original

Also attached the pictures of the custom made D-Ring mount by Dave (Pictures Courtesy dcarty) for comparison.

DaveGraflex_04.jpg~original

DaveGraflex_05.jpg~original

And here's a picture of the D-Ring+Clip on Luke's Master Replica

D-RingLukeANHMR.jpg~original

-Chaim

Last edited:
Hi Chaim!

That's a nifty piece of work--I might order on for myself! I think you have a very interesting point about the D-Ring. It certainly warrants closer scrutiny.

Cheers,

Dave

(PS--Thanks for the photo cred :) )

Hello everyone,

My silversmith has declared that the D-Ring+Clip is going to become a Limited Run only.
Which means he's only going to produce this D-Ring + Clip for a short while. If you really
want this exclusive D-Ring+Clip place your order here :

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=70244

When he decides to stop making them it's all over I'm afraid :confused

-Chaim

Cool display. Where did the stand come from?

-best

Dan

Dan,

The stand came from Bed Bath and Beyond. It was a banana hanger! I took the hook off, sanded it down and painted it.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=13696624

The set screw collars I got at Menards (any home improvement store has them) and painted. Although now that I found the site below, I think I may order some different collars that feel more like the SW universe! :lol

http://www.global-collars.com/Set_Screw_Collars.htm

Aaron

That display is almost identical to how I've had my Luke ANH saber displayed for several years now.
Look for 'Hanging lantern' on eBay - or a craft supplier.

I'll post pics of mine later.

Thanks . . . and I have great news for anyone looking and who can't create this magnificent custom D-ring by themself . . . .
I teamed up with Roy Gilsing, an exeptional Dutch Industrial Designer and I'm proud to show this new D-ring here first :)

Pictures Courtesy Roy Gilsing - WannaWanga.com

Chaim

Last edited:
Ah... tooooo late for me...

Though I still have another clean as a whistle Graflex I may need doin up. So I may pick up a D-ring down the line...

Re: Show off - Luke ANH D-Ring

Well this is just a show-off thread ... so please refer all orders or sales questions to Roy . . . or once the appropriate RUN thread is being set up in the Junkyard section :)

Chaim

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back