Chucky doll modification - Finished pg2

Howlrunner

Sr Member
I'm a big fan of the Child's Play movies and the later Bride of Chucky and Seed of Chucky, and have always wanted my own lifesize Chucky. There are some fantastic replicas available, but almost all are about half size or smaller. The lifesize Sideshow Collectibles Chucky would be my holy grail, but considering that it's going for about $1000 these days, it just ain't gonna happen....

So..... I snagged myself the 26" Bride of Chucky doll (just 2" short of lifesize - I can live with that!) for a reasonable price and have started modifying it. :)

Here's the doll as it arrived:

ChuckyStep1.jpg

ChuckyStep2.jpg

It's really rather good sculpt-wise, but those metal staples are wrong (they should be black thread stitching) and those eyes are TERRIBLE (they're not looking in the same direction, the paint job sucks and one iris is way bigger than the other).

So first I removed the head (a simple snip of a cable tie) and then I sliced out the eyes (the head is hollow vinyl):

ChuckyStep3.jpg

Later I'll sculpt that left eyelid closed more.

Next I gave the face a quick flesh-toned base coat and shaved off the hair that was rooted in the wrong place (this doll's hairline was all wrong):

ChuckyStep4.jpg

Then came the really tedious bit - individually removing each clump of hair stubble so it can be smoothed over. This was done using a mixture of tweezers to pull hair out, a needle and hobby knife to push hair in, and my girlfriends tiny hands to fit inside the head and remove hair. :lol

ChuckyStep5.jpg

So that's where I'm currently at.

22mm acrylic eyes have been ordered. Need to fill the hair root holes (Milliput?) and then finish painting the rest of the basecoat (ran out of paint - need to buy more).

More updates to come. :cool:thumbsup

Last edited:
Re: Chucky doll modification WIP

I had upgraded my 26" to the Sideshow piece just before they had sold out.
It is a really nice piece but I could never imagine spending $1000 for one on eBay.

Prior to the upgrade I was also going to modify my 26" Spencers version with prop eyes and a better paint job.
You are off to a great start and yours should turn out quite nice once finished.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2921&utm_source=search0109
Sideshow has thier chucky replica for only $550 and they have a Flex-Pay option.
Ebay sellers are tending to sell these for much higher for some reason.
I wanted to pick this replica up too - honestly, the price is pretty good for a replica of this nature, I have seen lesser props sell for more.
But do continue to modify the retail doll - It's always fun to put some heart into a project.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=2921&utm_source=search0109
Sideshow has thier chucky replica for only $550 and they have a Flex-Pay option.
Ebay sellers are tending to sell these for much higher for some reason.
I wanted to pick this replica up too - honestly, the price is pretty good for a replica of this nature, I have seen lesser props sell for more.
But do continue to modify the retail doll - It's always fun to put some heart into a project.

Yes, but unfortunately the Sideshow Chucky has been sold out on the website for months, if not years.

i always wanted a "nice" looking chucky, as if its just out the box. that would be a good mod

If I can snag one for a good price, I want to get the 26" animatronic (it speaks and moves it's eyes and mouth) Corky doll that the Good Guy doll was originally based on. Very hard to get here in the UK:

!BZi!PcQ!mk~$(KGrHgoH-CQEkJ5gdrdhBKnI)JCJQ!~~_12.jpg

Here's one that someone modified, this is pretty damn cool:

156881579_cce1b3936e_m.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OEsQZi6aQ

Last edited by a moderator:

Is Milliput flexible enough to fill in a vinyl head? Are there any spots where you'll need to add hair? If so, you might need to do that before adding any kind of epoxy or filler. I've never actually worked with Milliput, so I don't know how easily it cracks. Do you think that something rubbery and flexible might work, like brushing silicone over the holes? If you end up needing to do any rerooting and need help, let me know.

Milliput isn't flexible, no. Thing is, this head is really solid vinyl so I don't see any problems. I've used milliput on vinyl model kits before without any problem.

I will be adding some more hair back on, but I'll be gluing it rather than punching.

You did a good job... I had also done a re-work & added glass eyes as well. Unfortunately the doll is more than 2" smaller than the real deal. I came across this pic on the web of comparison sizes. If this pic belongs to anyone here & you want me to remove it, LMK

Last edited:

You could very well be right. However the Sideshow Collectibles lifesize doll (the best on the market) that was created using castings taken at Alterian Studios for the real Chucky prop is listed as 28" tall. This replica is 26", so hence why I said it's just short by 2".

The Medicom Chucky's are nice, but clearly a from-scratch sculpt rather than a movie based casting, so they're probably larger too.

You could very well be right. However the Sideshow Collectibles lifesize doll (the best on the market) that was created using castings taken at Alterian Studios for the real Chucky prop is listed as 28" tall. This replica is 26", so hence why I said it's just short by 2".

The Medicom Chucky's are nice, but clearly a from-scratch sculpt rather than a movie based casting, so they're probably larger too.
Thanks 4-the clarification.

Yes, but unfortunately the Sideshow Chucky has been sold out on the website for months, if not years.

If I can snag one for a good price, I want to get the 26" animatronic (it speaks and moves it's eyes and mouth) Corky doll that the Good Guy doll was originally based on. Very hard to get here in the UK:

!BZi!PcQ!mk~$(KGrHgoH-CQEkJ5gdrdhBKnI)JCJQ!~~_12.jpg

Here's one that someone modified, this is pretty damn cool:

156881579_cce1b3936e_m.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_OEsQZi6aQ

doesnt look quite the same as a good guy doll, but would do if you werent that picky. i'd like one like the one on the right

chucky_package.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, the Medicom Good Guy doll is great. Would like that one myself. :)

Updates:

I used Milliput to fill all of the hair punched holes and also the scars on the left side of the face and the top of the head (which shouldn't be there), then sanded:

ChuckyStep6.jpg

Then I painted the base coat over that and added a second layer all over the head:

ChuckyStep7.jpg

I'll feather some hair in with glue, so the roots won't be so visible. also got to add the central section of hair that comes down the middle of the head once painting is finished.

And my 22mm eyes arrived this morning. Here's a quick test fit:

ChuckyStep8.jpg

NOW I'm gettin' excited about this mod. :cool:thumbsup

You did a good job... I had also done a re-work & added glass eyes as well. Unfortunately the doll is more than 2" smaller than the real deal. I came across this pic on the web of comparison sizes. If this pic belongs to anyone here & you want me to remove it, LMK

Its scary how much that middle one looks like Jack Black

Latest update:

I've secured the eyes and sculpted in the missing eyelids with Milliput, then gone over them with the base coat:

ChuckyStep9.jpg

Then I added pink bruising around the scars, etc:

ChuckyStep10.jpg

I can't believe how much better this looks already! If only the factory finish had been like this!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back