Scratchbuilt 1/2222 Star Destroyer Avenger

Re: Scratchbuilt Star Destroyer 1/2222 scale

I love this work. I'm not sure mine will be as nice, but here's hoping..I especially like the hangar bays, my favorite parts.

Yours is coming along great, it's going to be a phenominal star destroyer once completed:thumbsup

That looks incredible. (y)thumbsup

Thanks STARTREKTOS!

Man, that must be a big coke can, lol.

As usual, spectacular work.

Ozzy

Imperial sized Coke Can!, Thanks Ozzy!

Here's the last of the details for the front of the Command Tower. Now I'll finish off the back side.

bridge10.jpg

bridge11.jpg

Thanks for following along;)

thanks and one more think what do you use to cut it out with hobby knife or something else?

thanks and one more think what do you use to cut it out with hobby knife or something else?

I use an Xacto knife and a metal ruler, I also use the "Chopper", it's a razor blade that's mouted to an arm which is on a hinge. It allows me to cut very thin strips and reasonable 90 degree cuts.

thanks for the info , you have inspired me to build my custom ship =)

I'm also from canada my self

thanks
C

Man, that must be a big coke can, lol.

that's no can, that's a battle station.

I love this model. I can't believe how much detail you've crammed into it, especially at this scale.

If you ever need some inspiration there's a 3d modeler (Fractalsponge) who does some really cool imperial SD stuff:
Gallery

Wow, this is really something.

I love this model. I can't believe how much detail you've crammed into it, especially at this scale.

Thank you Bantha Fodder and Shadowman.

Here's a small update, I made a couple detail parts for the back of the command tower. Here's the piece at the left corner already glued on.

bridge12.jpg

I scratched up these two detail parts, I believe it's "skirt armour" from a tank that was used on the studio model,
bridge13.jpg

Here they are glued to the back
bridge14.jpg

bridge15.jpg

I thought now would be a good time to finish roughing in the top level of the Superstructure before I add any more details to her.....

supstructure1.jpg

supstructure2.jpg

supstructure3.jpg

Incredible Im at a lost for words but one, EPIC! amazing talent great job, so much detail and patience, i love the led lighting work

Thanks Konan2009, patience isn't the word I would use..... more like obsessive compulsive:unsure

Just finished roughing in the superstructure, now I have something to detail. I'm satisfied with the shape even thought there is some lense distortion form the camera. Once the detail gets on, it'll look wider.

supstructure4.jpg

supstructure5.jpg

supstructure6.jpg

supstructure7.jpg

Here's a little work that I've done over the last couple days, some detail pieces to the back of the tower.

bridge16.jpg

bridge17.jpg

bridge18.jpg

Thanks precisionk

One last pic, just a little bit more work on her for the end of the weekend,

bridge19.jpg

That's some impressive scratch building, I strive for the day when I am able to do anything remotely close to that. Was that a Tie Bomber in one of the earlier pics as well?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back