Scratchbuilt 1/2222 Star Destroyer Avenger

Re: Scratchbuilt Star Destroyer 1/2222 scale

I've been out of the game for awhile. I managed to paint the secondary engines and test for any light bleeding through. I sprayed them with a silver, inside and out, followed up with a flat black, finishing with the base coat
IMG_1994.jpg

Here's one engine in normal light with an LED
IMG_1993.jpg

Another with the lights dimmed down in the room, no light pollution :D
IMG_1992.jpg

Wow! Simply amazing piece of work. Can't wait to see the final piece go on.

Sitting back and really enjoying this build. :) You have the precision of a surgeon. Spectacular work.

Carl

Hey Scratchy - noob question. What type of plastic are you using for the body and detailing of this model?

I used .060" sheet styrene for the hull & structures. Adding various thicknesses for the detailing (.005, .010, .015, .020, .025, .030, .035, & .040)

I purchase 4'x8' sheets of it straight from the manufacturer that's located in my area, it's cheaper for me. Some people will go to a plastic distributor. I'll get specialty styrene that has a pattern from a hobby store.

Thanks Scratchy!
I've been following this from the beginning. Very inspiring!

I spent some time away from this build, and I was working on this little gem. It's a 1/2256 Nebulon B from Anigrand. I added more detail to it, once it's finished I'll see about some better pics.

fca807f2.jpg

Two more noob questions.

- what glue do you use?

- what are you using to mount the model?

Thanks Scratchy!

Well, finally found some time for the ISD, I finished off the Port side of the front of the tower

bridge2.jpg

bridge1.jpg

The following pics are re-shoots with my camera, a little better quality, here is the small hanger, followed by the large hanger

smhanger1.jpg

smhanger2.jpg

lahanger1.jpg

lahanger2.jpg

lahanger3.jpg

lahanger4.jpg

Looking great Jay !

Will cast some of the parts you scratchbuilt as they are used dozens of times in the superstructures ?

Keep up the good work ! :thumbsup

Looking great Jay !

Will cast some of the parts you scratchbuilt as they are used dozens of times in the superstructures ?

Keep up the good work ! :thumbsup

No, I most likely won't cast any parts that I scratch, and I will admit that that is the more intelligent way of building the details. I cut pieces and glue them on as I go. Something like the secondary engines, yes, but I don't see myself spending the money on extra rubber for that, I'm only making one.

Besides, I have a LOT of styrene to use up.

Thanks for the kind words MonsieurTox.

Here are a couple more pics of the bridge, I've added some more detail to the star board side

bridge3.jpg

These pics are just another re-shoot with a better camera, covering the bridge details again,

bridge4.jpg

bridge5.jpg

bridge6.jpg

bridge7.jpg

Thanks for the compliment Balboa.

I threw on some additional detail on the front face of the bridge. I just have some more for the top left corner to put on, touch it up a bit, then I can start on the back end.

bridge8.jpg

bridge9.jpg

I love this work. I'm not sure mine will be as nice, but here's hoping..I especially like the hangar bays, my favorite parts.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back