Scratchbuilt 1/2222 Star Destroyer Avenger

I thought about it, but then it's so small. 16" x 10" x 4". I don't know... maybe... time will tell. First thing, blueprints. :)

Oh I know your secret now: you're using ants to do your tiny work...yeah, that's it, ants!:D Unbelievable, knowing the size of the model; keep up the good and don't slave-drive the ants:)

Rename 'superstructure' to 'superduperstructure'.
...or even super-headache. I think it'll be worth the efforts when this build is completed.
This is unbelievable.fair play it's quality
Thanks Starkilla!
Beautiful job !
Thank you Moonlightdrive.
I thought about it, but then it's so small. 16" x 10" x 4". I don't know... maybe... time will tell. First thing, blueprints. :)
The best approach is always a set of blueprints, I look forward to your build thread Teddz.
Oh I know your secret now: you're using ants to do your tiny work...yeah, that's it, ants!:D Unbelievable, knowing the size of the model; keep up the good and don't slave-drive the ants:)
I wish it was that easy. Thanks for following along Joberg.

Thanks Scratchy... I'm actually almost done with the 1st set-of-many blueprints. :) I'll have the interior pattern this weekend and maybe even have it cut and ready.

I actually found an image that was pretty much a blueprint for the Victory II class SD... it had it's real-world measurements and it worked out to 898m... It made resizing some ISD images very easy... When I'm done with it and satisfied I'll update my thread. :)

Keep up the great work man...

Did a little more work on this side again.
photo9_zpsbf1a301a.jpg

photo8_zps0dd7e6e7.jpg

photo7_zps16ffc054.jpg

I sweat that thing looks just as detailed and conveys a sense of scale like its the 8 ft model.

I'd never guess from the pictures it was the size it is

Amazing work

Thanks Blakeh1,

Yeah, you certainly need to keep the bits very small to achieve that sense of "massiveness".

With the generosity of Raiders posting all the images of the Star Wars props, I went back to the main hanger crane and rebuilt the ends to the crane. Thanks Raiders, I appreciate the images.

photo_zps40ae5aa5.jpg

Impressive.
It looks like far bigger than it is really. Our senses are completely in default by the level of detail you put in it.
Bravo, this is a beauty

A little more work was added to the ISD. I made the structures for the main guns, I'll cut out four squares on each and build a turret later on. I also laminated some additional styrene to the top of the hull and an ABS piece was added.
engines01_zps20cc33bd.jpg

The main engines are now on, after all these years sitting in a box.
engines03_zps6a1bc245.jpg

I found a kit part from the MPC Darth Vader TIE
DVkitpart_zps63540ba5.jpg

I scratched two small versions and I'll cast four for the structures housing the secondary engines
IMG_1843_zps9defd102.jpg

— scratchy

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back