Scratchbuilt 1/2222 Star Destroyer Avenger

Just know this thread,what I can say is...WOW!
Really awesome scratch job on small details,please keep it on Scratchy:thumbsup

Thank you Talkierg

Being new to this, How do you know were to put what?

Do you just wing it? Or are you looking at screen caps or a templates?

Beyond that I can spend hrs watching you build this Beautiful work of art!:popcorn

Over the years of building this, I've accumulated a number of reference images. I'll pencil in a position on the build before applying a detailed piece of plastic. I'll also look at the donor parts that were used on the filming model, and build a miniature version before glueing that on.

Exquisite!, i dont think i can express how in awe i am right now :)

Thanks Andy3E, glad to hear that you like the build.

Well, gotta get back to my "other" build!

This is by far the most insane build I have EVER seen! I mean seriously when I saw those tiny AT-AT's my heart jumped! :D I LOVE IT!

I cant stop gawping at the photos, awesome build, love to see it photographed with a starfield in the background, you need any advice on photographing it give me a shout, have you put a hunk of junk that did the kessler run anywhere on the model?

My god man... this is simply stupendous work!!!!!

Bravo sir... I am in complete awe at your skill and patience. I couldn't have worked on a project this long... or had the patience for that super-level of detail!

I muttered many expletives while reading this thread from start to finish.

The detail you've put into this build is nothing short of extraordinary.

A character from one of my favorite movies of all time said something that I think sums it up: "Impressive. Most impressive."

Absolutely mind-blowing. Fantastic work, please finish. This thing belongs in a museum or something.

Scratchy, how are you going to present this once it is done? I'm using magician's invisible thread on my build in places... it may be cool to have the star destroyer suspended, but in a glass case for protection?

I was looking at all your detail parts and thinking they were amazing, and then out of curiosity looked at some reference pictures of the studio model - not only are the 'random' greeblies incredibly detailed, they are accurate to the extreme - that is crazy in the best way!

Incredible work, just incredible. I can't believe I haven't stumbled across this build before now! Thank you for giving us an inside look at how you did this, the amount of detail isn't just amazing, it's HUMBLING. Loving it!!

Scratchy, how are you going to present this once it is done? I'm using magician's invisible thread on my build in places... it may be cool to have the star destroyer suspended, but in a glass case for protection?

I was looking at all your detail parts and thinking they were amazing, and then out of curiosity looked at some reference pictures of the studio model - not only are the 'random' greeblies incredibly detailed, they are accurate to the extreme - that is crazy in the best way!

I was thinking of displaying it over a mirror, resting on four acrylic rods with rubber stops on each. Similar to what has been done by other builders for their models.

The way I see it, I need to build and glue a piece of plastic in a specific area, I may as well make it look like the one that's on the filming model

Incredible work, just incredible. I can't believe I haven't stumbled across this build before now! Thank you for giving us an inside look at how you did this, the amount of detail isn't just amazing, it's HUMBLING. Loving it!!

It's been a while since the thread has seen an update. I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the build.

Looking great as always Scratchy. I still have those custom domes you did for me a while back to go onto my Cooper SD when I finally get started. Keep the pics coming!

Evan

This is very inspirational and makes me want to ... create. Something.

Keep up the work and I wish I could help in any way ... meanwhile
ill just pay an homage to you sir and will look forward to the end result. Someday!

(My very first RPF post! Woop woop!)

All I can say is WOW!!! Most amazing scratch built model I have ever seen and at such a small scale just mind blowing!

Last edited:
This is very inspirational and makes me want to ... create. Something.

Keep up the work and I wish I could help in any way ... meanwhile
ill just pay an homage to you sir and will look forward to the end result. Someday!

(My very first RPF post! Woop woop!)

Thanks Alaska, I'm honored that you chose my thread for your first post, and welcome to the RPF.

All I can say is WOW!!! Most amazing scratch built model I have ever seen and at sucha small scale just mind blowing!

Thank you Chicagovader, I'm happy to hear that you like the work so far.

Scratchy this is beyond words great work. This build of yours was my inspiration to start my own scratch Avenger. Just curious do you have any other builds posted anywhere, i love seeing your work.

I see on the unfinished area you have quite a bit sketched in. When you're planning detail are you using existing parts and THEN sketching in possible configurations or are you approaching an area with something in mind and then scratch building to that design?
I'm trying to get at how you artistically approach designing the details and what you're placing where.

Thanks so much for documenting this!

I've found some time and added some details to the Star Destroyer. It sure was nice getting back to this build after a year has gone by.

ISDsuperstructure_zps162c4469.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back