Scratchbuilt 1/2222 Star Destroyer Avenger

Re: Scratchbuilt Star Destroyer 1/2222

I think I'm hallucinating! In your pics showing the lighting in the bays, it looks like you've made a couple of tiny lambda shuttlez and a tie bomber! Are my eyes decieving me? :eek

I think I'm hallucinating! In your pics showing the lighting in the bays, it looks like you've made a couple of tiny lambda shuttlez and a tie bomber! Are my eyes decieving me? :eek

Yes,.... Your eyes are deceiving you. I made five AT-ATs, one AT-ST, two Sentinal Shuttles....one TIE Bomber hanging from the rack and one shuttle. That's just in that one bay.

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks guys. These are old pictures from a couple years ago. Thehangers and tiny ships have been inside the build for almost two years now. I just posted these because there was a comment made about a couple ships.

.....!
......!
I can hardly find the words! This would be unbelievable if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

You've totally inspired me again.

Thanks for posting the pics. :)

I actually said out loud, "Oh my GOD!!! That's incredible!!" I kid you not.

Amazing!

Rich

Me too! several times.

My partner said as I was marvelling at how small and detailed this project is..."He probably isn't allowed to make anymore big ones...his wife probably put a stop to that a long time ago."

And inside those details? Even more details! I wouldn't be surprised if those AT-ATs and TIE fighters had little figures in 'em :lol

They have got minute figures in them, Rob! And Scratchy is just finishing up sculpting the laces for their boots!:)

Scratchy, I thought I saw this build a long time ago on some other forum. I'm sure it was the same build. The detail is excellent. I didn't know that it was so small though. I work in 1/144 and am also doing that Falcon, but my work pales in comparrison to your expert work. Even the original modelmakers for the films have NOTHING on any of the guys here at the RPF. They were makin it up as they went along, you are recreating with exacting detail. I have so much detail I want to do on my models and just don't know how...hence the reason I've been working on my carrier for 17+ years. I hope I can learn a few new tricks from this place to help further my project. KUDOS my friend...you are truly talented !!!!!

Scratchy, I thought I saw this build a long time ago on some other forum. I'm sure it was the same build. The detail is excellent. I didn't know that it was so small though. I work in 1/144 and am also doing that Falcon, but my work pales in comparrison to your expert work. Even the original modelmakers for the films have NOTHING on any of the guys here at the RPF. They were makin it up as they went along, you are recreating with exacting detail. I have so much detail I want to do on my models and just don't know how...hence the reason I've been working on my carrier for 17+ years. I hope I can learn a few new tricks from this place to help further my project. KUDOS my friend...you are truly talented !!!!!

Vetteboy1982,

Yeah, this build is on a few sites. Thank you for the kind words about my build. You certainly came to the right place, The RPF has some awesome talent here, and I'm sure they're on the other sites too.

I've found some time and added some details to the Star Destroyer. It sure was nice getting back to this build after a year has gone by.

ISDsuperstructure_zps162c4469.jpg

Being new to this, How do you know were to put what?

Do you just wing it? Or are you looking at screen caps or a templates?

Beyond that I can spend hrs watching you build this Beautiful work of art!:popcorn

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back